What's new

West Coast Shaving Duck Fat Soap and Jojoba Cream

Finally got to try my samples after some holiday travel. I tried the Pear Brrr Shoppe. Love it just like all my other Oleo soaps. I really like the Pear scent. Menthol is light. Nice thick, slick, with lots of cushion, and takes a ton of water. The 3 samples I received of the Pear Brrr, Chypre, and Cologne. I would rank the scents in that order. However, I decided to order all 5 with matching splashes as I really like my Oleo soaps. I am looking forward to the Oriental and have found some great Fougere scents lately. There are a couple of soaps that I like better than Oleo, but they are at the top of my collection and I've tried a lot lately. I worry about coming across one that I have a reaction to, as I have sensitive skin and have read about a few having reactions to Oleo. But so far so good, so I will keep enjoying them.

Tried the Chypre soap today. The Oleo duck fat soaps are amazing. Another great shave. I probably prefer the Pear Brrr Shoppe yesterday slightly, but an enjoyable shave with both. Thanks to WCS for sending me samples.

In a recent order from WCS, they included a sample of the Pear-Brrr soap in duck fat. This sample will gain them quite an order form me, it is amazing. The scent is sweet pear and menthol to my nose, but very clean and not sickly sweet. It provided a nice refreshing head and face shave. But that performance, oh man! Slickness and cushion right up there with WK donkey milk in my opinion. That base easily ranks in top 3 performance for me. I plan on getting all of them now, and will give the aftershaves a try as well. Great job Oleo and WCS!

I tried the Fougere and Cologne over the weekend. Great soaps that lather easily and with slickness. Out of the 4 soaps I have tried so far (Oriental, Chypre, Fougere, Cologne), the Fougere is my favorite scent. I haven't tried the Pear Brrr yet as it is on back order and I haven't received it yet.

Tried "Cologne" yesterday. While I didn't care for the scent, if "Cologne" sounds like something you would like, you'll probably like it.

It lathered easily with both a horse and synthetic brush used to face lather. It provided good slickness and cushion for my SR, DE, and SE passes.

I’ll do a follwup shave with it to see if it still bothers my skin.

Never quoted myself before, but I did promise a follow-up.

I've been primarily using my WCS\Oleo samples as I wait for my pre-orders to fulfill. I shave mostly with a straight, unless I'm in a hurry. I find that these soaps provide the slickness and thickness I need with straights.

Regarding Cologne, I have experienced no further harshness from the soap -- don't know why that first experience felt harsh to my skin.

Nice job WCS/Oleo!

Just wanted to give some quick feedback.
I would rank the scents in the following order: oriental > Pear-brrrr shoppe > chypre > cologne > fougere.
All are very nice, I would even pickup fougere which is my least favorite.
As far as the base, so far I prefer the Jojoba base over the duck fat. It seems to be slicker and tends to be able to handle larger amounts of water than the duck fat. It's also more convenient, at least to me. Just apply some directly to the face with my hands and lather from there. So no loading the brush and no leaving the container open for 24 hours to dry.
Thanks a lot to WCS for providing samples.

After lathering up all the soaps yesterday, I have to say that fougere is now my second favorite from this line. Very nice scent. If you're into fougeres, I"m sure you'll enjoy this one.
Great job guys

IMG_20180919_130329.jpg

Couldn't be happier guys, thanks.
Performance, packaging, labels, scents, everything is just amazing.
Fougere wasn't love at first sniff for me, but man did it grow on me quickly!

I received my shaving cream version of Chypre yesterday. It did not like the southern heat during transport, was very melted. I used a plastic knife to stir it and the good news is it hardened up throughout the day in the A/C. Haven't had a chance to use it yet but the scent is great, somewhat reminds me of B&M Seville. I'll see how it performs tomorrow.

Top Bottom