What's new

West Coast Shaving Bad Customer Service

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
It is easy to go on to a forum and run down reputations. We all get upset at times with individuals or companies. Mistakes are made and sometimes things happen. I have not sensed a groundswell of issues about WCS. They are just one player in a niche market. They may of had a bad day, an employee may have been disgruntled. In these times of COVID sometimes we have to cut a little slack. Companies trying to struggle through and the issues of maintaining staff etc.

The initial post complained about an issue which was no doubt upsetting but was not a deliberate attempt to rip him off or something of that nature. Companies make mistakes because they are run by humans who make mistakes. Complain to the company. If all fails then the best thing to do is take your dollar to another company.

I wasn't even asking for any special consideration. I didn't appreciate how the second rep behaved so immorally and in blatant violation of California law, especially since WCS does both online and physical business in the state.
Besides weed and voting if you feel like it, what's not illegal in California? Lol.

It is easy to go on to a forum and run down reputations. We all get upset at times with individuals or companies. Mistakes are made and sometimes things happen. I have not sensed a groundswell of issues about WCS. They are just one player in a niche market. They may of had a bad day, an employee may have been disgruntled. In these times of COVID sometimes we have to cut a little slack. Companies trying to struggle through and the issues of maintaining staff etc.

The initial post complained about an issue which was no doubt upsetting but was not a deliberate attempt to rip him off or something of that nature. Companies make mistakes because they are run by humans who make mistakes. Complain to the company. If all fails then the best thing to do is take your dollar to another company.
I'm not here to run down a reputation. Like I said, the point of my post was to add another data point.

As for complaining to the company, I did just that in an email to customer service, before I posted. I never received a reply.

Also, as I said earlier, this is the second time in a row I had an issue with WCS's customer service. I didn't bring up the earlier incident when it happened because I figured it was just an one-off. However, two times in a row means it's no longer such.

Finally, I agree I can always take my dollars to another company. However, it kind of defeats the purpose of a community/forum if individuals keep their experiences (good, bad, or ambivalent) with retailers to themselves. It means we don't benefit from the collective wisdom and shared experiences. While no one person will likely ever have a definitive experience with any particular retailer, it's generally beneficial to have a multiple data points so that each individual can make up his/her own mind as to how best to proceed.

Adding another data point.

I purchased another razor from WCS. The razor arrived in a timely fashion. However, the OC razor head that WCS sent had some issues with the chrome plating. Specifically, there were some spots on both the base plate and the top cap where it the chrome was streaked (as in the chrome was not applied evenly, leading to the zamak showing through). I contacted WCS with pictures of the faulty heads and WCS immediately sent a replacement head.

I received the replacement head later in the week (I'm not complaining about the delivery time; I live on the other side of the country from WCS's warehouse--I can live with delivery within one week). Unfortunately, the replacement also had some plating issues. I again contacted WCS with pictures of the new faulty head. The WCS customer service agent checked their stock and reported the OC razor heads all appeared to have faulty plating. She sent me a WCS-Charcoal Goods OC razor head (base plate and cap) instead.

After I received the new razor head, I gave it a quick once over and didn't see any noticeable problems. I'm satisfied with how the customer service resolved this issue.

Adding another data point.

I purchased another razor from WCS. The razor arrived in a timely fashion. However, the OC razor head that WCS sent had some issues with the chrome plating.,,,

I received the replacement head later in the week (I'm not complaining about the delivery time; I live on the other side of the country from WCS's warehouse--I can live with delivery within one week). Unfortunately, the replacement also had some plating issues.

Out of curiosity did the razor come in a sealed box? How was the replacement head packaged. Was that just in plastic wrap?

Out of curiosity did the razor come in a sealed box? How was the replacement head packaged. Was that just in plastic wrap?
The WCS OC razor heads (and razor handle) came in WCS cardboard boxes with foam cutouts. The WCS-Charcoal Goods replacement razor head came in plastic bags (one for the top cap and one for the base plate).

Just got my first order from them

saw the yates on sale last week

I noticed the photo was the older round cap so ordered like 3 am ? Sale was ending that night
so sent a email saying please hold order till I know its the new one with flat cap

got a email (forgot her name) that morning when I had woken up
but she confirmed it was the new flat cap and she said she walked out and grabbed one to double check :) and would for sure be the flat one if I wanted it
said sure thanks and all that was in one day

just got the razor and very well packed with no movement of the inside box the outside box was enough size it could not have been damaged :) amazon could take some packing lessons as they are horrid :)

Just thought as someone new to this I had great experience and great customer service with them
That said I try to shop local so have been going into local shop here in PHX but they did not have the yates on sale with the extra plate !

If they have something my local shop does not have I would gladly order from them again :)

not taking anything away from OP just a voice that had a great experience free shipping and all :)

How is that not obvious?

Free shipping on orders over $75 doesn't mean free shipping on $70 orders that would have been $75 a week ago... It means over $75.
I don't necessarily disagree, however, I actually met the order minimum, initially. It was only after applying the discount code WCS sent me that I no longer met the minimum order amount. The information on WCS's shipping page about free shipping was silent as to whether the order minimum applied pre or post any applicable discount code. This is also why I contacted WCS for clarification.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
My experience with WCS customer service has never been good, but now their CS is nonexistent:
  1. They don't send confirmation emails after a purchase.
  2. They never send tracking information
  3. They never reply to emails
  4. Shipping takes forever and a day
How much worse can it get?

My experience with WCS customer service has never been good, but now their CS is nonexistent:
I agree that their shipping can take a while (although my last order only took four days), but I totally disagree with your other points. I have sent WCS a quite a few emails over the last year or so, and I believe that I got a response every time. And I ALWAYS get a confirmation email with tracking information. On every single order. Below is the email that I received a week or so ago.
Screenshot_20210511-073411.png

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
I agree that their shipping can take a while (although my last order only took four days), but I totally disagree with your other points. I have sent WCS a quite a few emails over the last year or so, and I believe that I got a response every time. And I ALWAYS get a confirmation email with tracking information. On every single order. Below is the email that I received a week or so ago. View attachment 1265004
Well then let me rephrase:
  1. They don't send me confirmation emails after a purchase.
  2. They never send me tracking information
  3. They never reply to my emails

I’ve always had a great customer service experience with WCS. There is always going to be that bad apple in a company as large as they are. Be sure you contact WCS and tell them of your experience.

That's generally not been my experience. I've always received confirmation emails after completing my online orders at WCS. I've also always received tracking information from WCS as soon as they shipped my items. WCS has usually replied to my emails, though sometimes it takes longer than others.

That said, the shipping usually does take a while. But since I've never been in a rush, it's never been a problem.

Top Bottom