What's new

Wesco Boots

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Does anyone have any experience with the Wesco brand? I have two pairs of Nicks and three pairs of Whites.

I thought about branching out to Wesco but have been happy with Nicks so far.

Any thoughts?

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Well, I live about an hour from WESCO''s headquarters and made an appointment to have a sizing done.

I was helped by Chris, who walked me through the differences with a wesco over nick/white. I wasnt fitting quite right in what they had, so I opted for the custom measuring. Now, the good news about this is that they will be on file for subsequent purchases. They are even going to build up the last in a certain spot that has formed a callous over the years.

The only downside, and it is not their fault, is that the lead time is 6 months.

Im going to steal a pic from their gram to show what i am having built.

It is a black waxed leather, that will actually turn a bit brown with wear down the line. I opted for the vibram 430 mini lug over the vbar.

Ill keep an update here as i receive them.

94770498_606495566602929_8479205208500528978_n.jpg

I have had experience with all the boot makers you have mentioned. But it was with Wildland boots. Anytime you can get custom boots made by quality bookmarks like those you are doing good. The only thing I would add is that I have had some boots made by JK's and am extremely happy. Enjoy your boots when you get them.

Had a pair of Wesco Harness Boots custom made, the outlining of my feet was done by a shoemaker. Received the boots, they never fit, way too large. Wesco gave me a very hard time, finally credited my account. Wesco sold them on their outlet web site. Told me if I ever want a custom boot from them again, need to pay them a visit and pay in cash up front. I spoke to the President of the company. She, was frankly, toeing a very hard line. Bought a stock pair of black Wesco Engineer Boss Boots from one of their vendors. They fit fine, added cushioned insoles for comfort. My motorcycle boots and everyday wear with jeans. Wesco told me they would do any work on them, no problem. After ten years, I love the boots.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Well, I live about an hour from WESCO''s headquarters and made an appointment to have a sizing done.

I was helped by Chris, who walked me through the differences with a wesco over nick/white. I wasnt fitting quite right in what they had, so I opted for the custom measuring. Now, the good news about this is that they will be on file for subsequent purchases. They are even going to build up the last in a certain spot that has formed a callous over the years.

The only downside, and it is not their fault, is that the lead time is 6 months.

Im going to steal a pic from their gram to show what i am having built.

It is a black waxed leather, that will actually turn a bit brown with wear down the line. I opted for the vibram 430 mini lug over the vbar.

Ill keep an update here as i receive them.

View attachment 1361829
I look forward to hearing an update, but I guess you've still got a bit of a wait. I'm smitten by the PNW bootmakers since getting this pair of White's Perries, which I admit is not particularly representative of the style. But it definitely has me interested. Gateway drug for sure. Wesco is great. Looks like they are sort of the black sheep of the PNW world, a little different than the Spokane makers, which is a good thing. I found out there's a boot shop not too far from my house that carries Wesco. I need to check them out. I assume they have a fairly limited selection in the shop, maybe just Boss boots or something. But maybe they can measure for custom orders. The Wesco Packer boots look sweet - Western, but not too "cowboy" if you know what I mean.

Top Bottom