What's new

We're Celebrating Erin's Birthday - FREE SHIPPING for Order's of $100 or More

Well, it's the lovely Erin's birthday. And here she is ......

So, starting with all orders received after midnight tonight, the threshold for FREE SHIPPING will be lowered to orders of $100.00 or more. This offer applies only to shipping via UPS Ground Service. It will apply to both the US and Canada.

It may take us until sometime on Saturday to have the change loaded into the software. Any orders received over $100 prior to that time will have the shipping charges refunded.

This offer of FREE SHIPPING will entend into the holiday season and will not expire until Midnight on Monday, December 15th.

Just as an FYI, we have gotten all the changes uploaded into the site for the FREE SHIPPING promotion. And yes, before I am asked, even for my Canadian friends, all is well. We submitted test orders and everything is working as designed. So, what are you waiting for????

PS - Be sure to check out our ITEMS ON SALE

I have now received a few comments via email and PM regarding UPS and shipping to Canada that are similar to the following:

"I'm sure you have the best intentions, but offering free shipping to Canadians with UPS is not a gift, far from there. Personally, I prefer to pay for usps than get UPS for free."

Most of you know that we have a special program in place with UPS for shipping to Canada, where you pay a maximum brokerage fee of $10.00 and reduced duty and GST, all of which is pre-paid with your order. More information about this program can be found on our site on the store main page under the waiving Canadian flag.

In all candor, I challenge you to find a better program for shipping goods to Canada from the US, without someone violating the law by declaring your package a gift or devaluing its contents. You can disparage UPS anyway you want, but they are in the business of moving freight, not mail.

Interresting. I wish more seller would adopt this program, but I don't think it will be the norm any time soon.

But it certainly is hope for us poor Canucks.

I just received my third order from Vintage Blades. I have never had consistently better service from any seller on the internet. Jim has provided guidance to me in each step I take. Thanks, Jim, for making it easier for me to hold a very sharp object to my throat when I am barely awake! Best, Sam

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have now received a few comments via email and PM regarding UPS and shipping to Canada that are similar to the following:

"I'm sure you have the best intentions, but offering free shipping to Canadians with UPS is not a gift, far from there. Personally, I prefer to pay for usps than get UPS for free."

Most of you know that we have a special program in place with UPS for shipping to Canada, where you pay a maximum brokerage fee of $10.00 and reduced duty and GST, all of which is pre-paid with your order. More information about this program can be found on our site on the store main page under the waiving Canadian flag.

In all candor, I challenge you to find a better program for shipping goods to Canada from the US, without someone violating the law by declaring your package a gift or devaluing its contents. You can disparage UPS anyway you want, but they are in the business of moving freight, not mail.

Having used the "shipping to Canada" programme Jim talks about several times, I can attest that it works very well. UPS may give you the royal PITA treatment on other parcels, but these just get dropped off without any funds (GST, PST, duty, brokerage fee, not-paying-attention fee, UPS guy forgot his anniversary fee, &c) being collected at the drop-off. You know exactly what you will be paying in total before you click on vintageblades to submit/confirm your order.

Oh, and Erin ... :001_wub:

Having used the "shipping to Canada" programme Jim talks about several times, I can attest that it works very well. UPS may give you the royal PITA treatment on other parcels, but these just get dropped off without any funds (GST, PST, duty, brokerage fee, not-paying-attention fee, UPS guy forgot his anniversary fee, &c) being collected at the drop-off. You know exactly what you will be paying in total before you click on vintageblades to submit/confirm your order.

What Doc4 said, +1

I got my shipment in only a few days, and didn't have any problems or hassles. You know up front what you're paying for a fully "landed" cost. No more wondering when that extra UPS invoice is going to show up (usually a month later), and if the brokerage fees will be ridiculous, or merely outrageous. Great peace of mind.

Separately, my experience with VintageBlades was top notch, excellent customer service. Everything was packed very well, even the Thayers I ordered never spilled a drop. And my brush says it was picked by Erin 'just for me'. :biggrin:

Watch out for that one. Some guys have wives with expensive tastes. :lol:

Top Bottom