What's new

Went to the "Come and Shave It" beard and mustache contest today (as a spectator)

had a lot of fun seeing everyone at the competition in Austin Texas today.

my wive and daughter are in the stand watching all of the action.
$stands.jpg

a view of the stage with the judges setting at the tables
$stage.jpg

some of the many many contestants. i think 200 - 250 competed.
$const1.jpg
$const2.jpg
$const3.jpg
my family was not up to staying till the end, but we had hours of entertainment, maybe next year i will be ready to compete :w00t:

Ya, decided to grow some insulation.

Get a bit chilly here in Utah.

It's coming off soon though.
I used to always grow mine back in the winter. But now that I've got all these vintage razors and the winter beard in almost 4 inches long I need something to shave.

Ha! I see me!
darn i wish i would have known for sure you were there. i am a fan and would have liked to talk to you to and ask some questions as well. after seeing you guys i really am thinking about letting my mustache grow out enough to compete next year at "come shave it 11". i also think that i will be going to see the world championship here in town in the summer of 2017. i found it very interesting and i only regret i could not stay for the whole even. my daughter thought it was great fun, but my wife would have rather watched it on TV.

thanks so much for mentioning it, so i could go and see a competition in person. there were people from all over the world here, and it looked like everyone was having a good time all day. it was also fun to see people drinking their beer from a can through straws... in most places that would seem strange, but here all have to deal with the difficulties of long mustaches, and they do what they have to to keep everything looking good. :001_cool:

That looks like a Cool Event [MENTION=104468]tylehman[/MENTION] , that's Cool you got a pic up close and right there of [MENTION=82237]Billy Goatee[/MENTION] . From N. Utah to Austin is a trip , and Austin is a Trip in itself ! haha ! Thanks for the pics ! :thumbup1:

Top Bottom