What's new

Went to Albuquerque today.

Went to Albuquerque today to attend a concert. Nice drive up, got there a little early, so went to the Model Pharmacy to buy a new bottle of Tabac after shave lotion. Oh no! They were out of the small bottles, and I wasn't going to buy a big one. What to do?

Well, my wife and I did some impulse buying. Boy, that was trouble.

She got a nice perfume, and I got a bottle of Musgo Real After Shave Balsam. Was just telling my wife Saturday that I'd like to find something like it.

Oh, and I got a bowl of Cells shaving soap. Uh -- cream -- uh -- soft soap. You know what I mean.

Spent a hundred dollars! When I meant to spend $20!!!

So is it pronounced Sell-uh, Chell-uh, Say-uh, or Chey=uh? Or something else entirely??? :blink:

Earl
BTW, got home at 0215! What a day!

Gee, those were the days! Before GPS, and no man would EVER stop and ask for directions, LOL!

Tried the Cella this morning, it's a NICE soap, and NICE isn't a strong enough word!

Model Pharmacy will cost you an arm and a leg on some products. I'm surprised you didn't spring for the huge bottle. It's not a bad deal at only $15 more for twice as much lotion! Enjoy the Musgo. :thumbup:

Next time you're in ABQ, hit the antique stores. I've had good luck there when I go visit. It is where I picked up my ABC pocket set and many other great finds. I've been to Model a couple if times, and was very impressed with their selection, just not with their prices.

Gee, those were the days! Before GPS, and no man would EVER stop and ask for directions, LOL!

We traveled the US coast to coast for 3 months (Aug - Oct) on secondary US highways, state roads, and in a few places even county roads. There were MANY times I had to stop and ask someone (swinging on their front porch) where I was and how to get to where I wanted to go. Navigation was by paper maps (no GPS).

It's surprising now friendly people are in the "way out back" of this country. I suppose that it is so rare for them to see vacationers that they go out of their way to be helpful.

I even had someone flag me down and tell me that there was a covered bridge up ahead that I might not get under because of the low height.

AND, nope this covered bridge was not in Vermont but West Virginia and I had NO idea that we were coming up on it (were were on a small county road)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrollton_Covered_Bridge

proxy.php

I have to admit I still haven't been there, even though I go to Jubilation across the street to pick up Belgian beers every now and again.

Top Bottom