What's new

Went picking. Scored. Yaay.

So as I was about to leave a little dissheartend from the Antique fair as it was pretty scarce of vendors due to it being Easter(yaay!) as I was exiting there I see on the table a cased Fatboy. So with a little pep in my step I decided to go to the otherside of the fair and there I scored the cased Hoffritz slant minus one blade holder. Then another Milord? and two superspeeds. Oh! and two Gillette blade holders. These picking expaditions can be like this. Dry for a month then bam. You score a couple. A good day.

Attachments

• $Hoffritz & co.jpg
    $Hoffritz & co.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 495
  • $Hoffritz & co. 2.jpg
    $Hoffritz & co. 2.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 484
HOLY MOLY!!

A Hoffritz in the wild with a case!!?

You hit a honey hole!

That Milord is looking pretty nice there! The Fatboy looks like it was hardly used too!

Slam Dunk dude!!

is that how you found everything or did you do a clean up?

Nice score.

That Milord would not happen to be a W2 code date would it?

That's weird. No date code. It's wild card. Make it any date code you want :biggrin1: Is this a Aristocrat jr?

HOLY MOLY!!

A Hoffritz in the wild with a case!!?

You hit a honey hole!

That Milord is looking pretty nice there! The Fatboy looks like it was hardly used too!

Slam Dunk dude!!

is that how you found everything or did you do a clean up?

Just scrubbing bubbles and some Mass on the Hoffitz. It's what I call in vg-exc condition. Also on the Milord?
Otherwise everything else is as I found it. Shot some scrubbing bubbles on it & that's it. Easy clean up all around.
Oth

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Way to go! The only thing I have ever found at a Flea Market is one Lady Gillette.

I concur with bakerbarber: if I found a cased Hoffritz slant like that, I'd have to hurry back to the car so I could roll up the windows and yodel!

Thanks guys! It's been a dry month so this makes it ever sweeter. Never shaved with a Hoffritz. Looks intimidating. Looks well built. Like a hammer.

I also saw a cased 1912 abc Gillette razor. $25 too much? lol I ran out of funds and had to go home. Exactly like the one from Mr. Razor site. It was in exc condititon.

Attachments

• $1912 Pocket Edition No 500A.jpg
    $1912 Pocket Edition No 500A.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 381
Excellent. If I cant score a nice haul, it always picks me up to see pictures of someone else's score. Thanks

That's weird. No date code. It's wild card. Make it any date code you want :biggrin1: Is this a Aristocrat jr? ***edit****

If the Milord's center bar is notched with NDC, then you have a 1948-50. That can be narrowed a bit more with a peek in the head with doors open.

Also do not let the looks of that slant sway you. All the slants I've used seemed on par with a '48 Aristocrat.

And congrats on the nickel 1958 TV Special Super Speed.....or so it seems with my tired eyes....lol.

Top Bottom