What's new

Went Overboard with Boyds

So I have been watching for any Boyds stocks that have been marked down and ended up buying three! One for my Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel. One for my Ruger 10/22, and one for my Tikka T3X in 223 Rem. The discounted stocks are 35% off; but you have to take whatever options it has. No customization. I am guessing these are orders that were cancelled. Occasionally they have imperfections. I did glass bed the Ruger and Tkka stocks around the recoil lug (lugs plural for the Ruger American). For the 10/22, I just popped it right in.

Attachments

• rifle-65g-ruger-rar.jpeg
    rifle-65g-ruger-rar.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • rifle-22lr-ruger-10-22.jpg
    rifle-22lr-ruger-10-22.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • rifle-223-tika.jpg
    rifle-223-tika.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
So I have been watching for any Boyds stocks that have been marked down and ended up buying three! One for my Ruger American in 6.5 Grendel. One for my Ruger 10/22, and one for my Tikka T3X in 223 Rem. The discounted stocks are 35% off; but you have to take whatever options it has. No customization. I am guessing these are orders that were cancelled. Occasionally they have imperfections. I did glass bed the Ruger and Tkka stocks around the recoil lug (lugs plural for the Ruger American). For the 10/22, I just popped it right in.
Those laminate stocks look nice!

hmmm, tell me more about the 35% off... We have several that we would like to change over to the thumbhole stocks

Go to Boyds web site and click on "Gunstock Configurator/New Build" , and then pick "Rapid fire/Pre-built stocks" , which will take you to here:

All of these are 35% off. By default, they are sorted by most recently added, but you can sort a-z to find (for example) Ruger. Read all of the fine print; a few of these have some imperfection but most do not.

[EDIT] Also pay attention to whether they are left handed or right handed. ALSO - some are right handed bolt with a left handed stock.

Last edited:
The thumbhole stocks pictured above are the "Featherweight Thumbhole" model. The 10/22 has the "Rimfire Hunter" model.

Course Boyds is not the only game in town, as I'm sure you guys already know. A lot of folks like (for example) Bell and Carlson.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Course Boyds is not the only game in town, as I'm sure you guys already know. A lot of folks like (for example) Bell and Carlson.

+1 I have been eyeing one of their stocks for my 10/22 if I ever switch over to a heavier barrel. Their extended mag release for the 10/22 is pretty much the shizzle also. :)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

That's a beautiful stock right there...

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
I really dig the AT-One my CZ457 rides in. The adjustments are really nice and the stock looks quite fetching!

Top Bottom