What's new

Went for Honeybee Spa...

I started my true wet shaving career a few months ago with a three soap pack from Susie's Bubbles N Squeak. Now that those soaps are rapidly vanishing down the bathroom drain and are nearing depletion, I've been shopping the great wide Internet for a new (to me) soapmaker's products to try...

After a great deal of deliberation, much comparison of impressions on B&B and narrowing the choices to Honeybee Spa and Mama Bear's, I decided to spring for a three pack of Honeybee Spa soaps. The three scents I ordered, in no particular order, are Bay Rum (I turned my Bay Rum into a travel soap by mixing it with VDH, and I miss it), Dragon's Blood (intriguing name) and Coconut Lime Verbena (the same scent as the shampoo in the bathroom of the Red Lion ten days ago). Now the countdown begins...

Having read this far, some of you may ask (or not, as the case may be) what drove the decision to go with Honeybee rather than Mama Bear's. All I can say is that, recently, with the dwindling of the volume of each of my soap bowls, I've been using my 20mm short loft silvertip brush as opposed to my huge-mongous 24mm best badger, and I miss the best badger. With pucks of soap instead of bowls, I can get the mug back out and do some serious lather whipping without inundating the entire bathroom with scented meringue. The best badger is just too big and I'm too much of a slob to try to do my lather whipping in a small soap container...

That having been said, I still plan to try out Mama Bear's soaps in the future. They're next, I think. Ah, so many wonderful soaps to try, so little time to try them in...

I think you will be happy with the Honeybee Spa soaps. I have not tried the scents that you ordered but I have been very happy with the scents that I have tried. My favorite is the Coffee Mocha. I like it so much that I ordered face soap in the same scent and use it as a pre-shave prep.

Hiya,

Years ago, after using only creams for the first six months, I decided on trying Sue's soaps as a starting point. Man, that was a loooong time ago, and a good choice. Very easy to whip up a slick and fragrant lather, and the price is right also. Nice person to do business with.

Martin

Another HBS fan here, and the Coffee Mocha is easily my favorite as well. :001_wub:

I think you'll enjoy your HBS soaps.

Another HBS fan here, and the Coffee Mocha is easily my favorite as well. :001_wub:

I think you'll enjoy your HBS soaps.

Got the soaps yesterday in the mail. The bay rum smells different than the last bay rum I bought, less clovey, and I like it a lot. The coconut lime verbena smells great, and the dragon's blood is decidedly different...

I'll be doing some test driving of these soaps in a day or two...

Both Mama Bear and HoneyBee Spa (both ladies named Sue) are fantastic to do business with.

Regarding price, given that you have the option of buying pucks only from HoneyBee Spa, it does come to be cheaper (much cheaper) than Mama Bear

HoneyBee Spa soaps are now the staple of my shaves everyday. I superlather with unscented soap and with whatever cream strikes my fancy. You can't go wrong with these soaps.

All the best in your enjoyment of the soaps and with your future Mama Bear purchases

I cracked out the Honeybee Spa Bay Rum this morning, and Wow! Great scent! Much less clovey than the past Bay Rum I had, and nice lather. Good stuff!

I must say I'm really enjoying this soap. It's relatively easy to build a nice, cushiony lather, and, as I said, it smells nice too...

Top Bottom