What's new

Went AD crazy with my new hobby.

Purchased and waiting on these:

Thater 4292 Series 2-Band Silvertip Shaving Brush with Faux Ivory Handle, Size 6

Simpsons Polo 8 Best-Badger Shaving Brush

Rooney Heritage Collection Emillion 2 Super Badger Handmade Shaving Brush

Wiborg Finest 2-Band Badger Hair Shaving Brush in Faux Cobalt - Wiborg Shaving - 30mm Knot 53mm Loft

Shavemac 23048 Black and White Silvertip D01 2-Band

Semogue Owners Club 2-Band Badger Shaving Brush with Cherry Wood

Simpson Phyl8 LE

Only brush I had before was a Lees Razor superbadger that came with my starter set and Semogue mixed badger boar SOC which I have not used much.

Thank God my wife is understanding.

You guys just fire me up on these forums.

Gosh, well there are more expensive hobby's right??? ie racing cars etc.. !

Try RV's (recreational vehicles) if you want an expensive hobby. Nice brushes by the way; and you are very fortunate SWMBO is understanding!

Congrats on the acquisition of a great group of brushes. Yup, participating in this forum is going to help you understand more along with purchase more items than you'll realize. My own collection of bits has grown a bit in the last few months lol.. but its for the better as it keeps a healthy rotation going is what I tell myself, but it adds variety to your routine is what I enjoy.

Haha! That's good. Agreed. My wife does plenty online shopping herself so she does not complain when I splurge.

If you have the bread to do it it's actually a good move, just buy all the ones you want and get it over with, then take your time to try them out and compare,can always sell what doesn't work out later. You have a good start!

That's a lot to take in all at once. Good luck with everything! Make sure you give them all a fair chance.

Thater 4292 Series 2-Band Silvertip Shaving Brush with Faux Ivory Handle, Size 6

Wiborg Finest 2-Band Badger Hair Shaving Brush in Faux Cobalt - Wiborg Shaving - 30mm Knot 53mm Loft

Simpson Phyl8 LE

Only brush I had before was a Lees Razor superbadger that came with my starter set and Semogue mixed badger boar SOC which I have not used much.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a lot to take in all at once. Good luck with everything! Make sure you give them all a fair chance.

As NSmalls said, you have a lot of great looking brushes, make sure to give them all a fair shot...it takes some brushes longer than expected to break in. I just got a Semogue selected silvertip brush, and it took a few weeks to break in due to it's density and possibly grade of hair (and other factors i'm ignorant of?). It would be unfortunate to get rid of a brush purely because it wasn't fully broken in.

Also it's a good way to compare and contrast all of the brushes to find specifically what you do or do NOT enjoy in a brush.

Thanks guys, I sure am looking forward to it. Question, for new and old brushes Is it ok to soak a brush in real real hot tap water ? will that damage anything?

I've read that the water shouldn't be hotter than what you can tolerate yourself.. that is the general rule of thumb I've been going off of once I read more into this forum. I used to use hot water on the AOS trial brush I had but it shed w/ every use... moving to the better grade of brushes I've tended to heed the "no hotter than you can tolerate" methodology.

Simpson Phyl8 LE

Put up some pictures!! If you have time..

Rooney Heritage Collection Emillion 2 Super Badger Handmade Shaving Brush...

Try this brush first and then compare the others to it. Everyone was late to figure that this brush is truly of the "holy grail" brushes.

I'm probably going to keep all the brushes since variety is the spice of life (except in marriage) :)
I'm very excited about Rooney!

I will report back!

Haha! That's good. Agreed. My wife does plenty online shopping herself so she does not complain when I splurge.
I went easy with a a few products. Now I know what I like. Sampler of blades, a few soaps and creams, great balms and splashes, I found what works. Isn't it strange to enjoy shaving?

Top Bottom