What's new

went a little nuts

and bought these based only on recommendations.. Aussie made products that from what i have read are amazing, just been released for our spring

hanging to give the La Violetta a crack tomorrow morning :)

proxy.php

and bought these based only on recommendations.. Aussie made products that from what i have read are amazing, just been released for our spring

hanging to give the La Violetta a crack tomorrow morning :)

proxy.php
Didn’t you take a brush and razor to work???

mine are still travelling home. I have a sample of Lavioletta EdP and is a really nice scent, as all APR I have tried. And the performance is top notch :)

Please dont expect a pro review, i am too new to this to give such an in depth review but i can def post my personal thoughts on this soap/splash against what i have experienced so far with other products. Just as a note i have A&E, CAD, Tabac original, Proraso, Wholly Kaw in my collection and have also tried a mates DG.

Opening the lid i found the soap not to be as heavily scented like a WK or DG, but certainly enough to smell it. As i began lathering the smell really opened up (i face lather)

I am not the best at describing smell but i do know that i absolutely love the smell of la violetta. To try describe it i would say slight citrus, with lavender/floral and a bit woody/musky..

anyway back to the lather, it was super easy and quick to build up a luxurious creamy lather, even with the hard water i have here.

The residual slickness was fantastic.. The lather was so good i got a bit over excited and then chased the BBS quite hard. Did 4 passes on my face, 3 on my neck with many many little touch ups. The result was that I achieved my closest shave to date but that did come at a mild razor burn expense.

Soon as i went over my face with the alum block i knew i went to far. Out of all blades to do this with i had to go hard with the feather lol, anyway, applied the witch hazel and ended with the splash. Once the splash hit my face the aroma was incredible, it smelt much better than when i was smelling it from the bottle. The splash is not overpowering but you know it is there, been 2hrs now and I still smell it on myself, i have also recieved a few compliments in the office on the smell.

Need to revisit this again tomorrow but first impressions were the soap is absolutely amazing, easy to lather and super creamy and slick, easily up there with the Wholly Kaw. The smell of La Violetta is nothing shot of amazing, i loved it from the first time i smelt it but after applying the splash it was even better.

Although i have a bit of razor burn (face looking a little red) i dont feel the pain at all, i believe the quality of the splash as 'skin food' has contributed to this.

I am a converted fan of APR and will always have this in my rotation. Cant wait to try the florian with tomorrows shave, this time with a DE89 + Persona Platinum and no chasing the BBS lol

proxy.php

thanks guys.. and yeah i have enough soap now to last for around two years i reckon, maybe bit more.. but im glad i got so much variety in soaps/splashes.. I am hoping it will now stop, at least for a while, but i have a feeling this will not be the case

indeed!!. I cannot afford buying all full sets APR offer, so normally I focus on getting all the splashes (for me, the best on the marked, at least from all the ones I have tried, and terrificly scented), some EdP's, and just one soap of the seasonal releases.

A further benefit of the splashes is that as they last a lot, you can notice of the scent evolves through time!

Have u tried the lavioletta AS splash yet? Would love to know ur take on its scent and how long it lasts

Have u tried the lavioletta AS splash yet? Would love to know ur take on its scent and how long it lasts

Barely, I would say it is not a super long lasting scent, as being a citrus one, that I reckon the dissipate fast. I would say maybe 3 hours as being strength and a few more while it dissipates but I am just rtrying it. It is not like lixiviant, that you just snif form the splash bottle and will last all day

Top Bottom