What's new

Well, this is a first! Hilarious!!

I found some great deals at Corrado Cutlery a couple of weekends ago. After waiting a week, I did a tracking of the package at the USPO. I couldn't believe what I saw. I called them to be sure what I saw was correct. It was correct...

My shaving gear went to the freagin' NORTH POLE!! :eek2::letterk1: Here is the post directly from their web site:

Your item was forwarded to a different address at 12:19 pm on February 9, 2022 in NORTH POLE, DC. This was because of forwarding instructions or because the address or ZIP Code on the label was incorrect.

Status

Forwarded

February 9, 2022 at 12:19 pm
NORTH POLE, DC

I confirmed that my address was correct on the package. They have no clue why it went to the North Pole. Since I live in South Texas, I'd say they made a slight miscalculation! ROFL!

Customer Service at Corrado responded quickly and say they will replace the order.

Too funny!

Happy shaving!

santa claus abc GIF by The Bachelor

North Pole. That made me chuckle.

I had to fight with Bloomex (online flower retailer) because they sent a package we ordered to the wrong address. Not even in the same province (i'm in Canada). They started to go down the "well we did everything right so we don't know" path. I kept logs of every chat session, every person's name, every detail and forwarded it all to their management. The address we provided was correct.

They apologized and refunded us. Someone out there got some flowers and had a nice day I'm sure. Just who we intended to.

This is part of the reason I like online chats for customer service. I can screenshot or save chat sessions. I also have gotten into the habit of asking very specific questions like "who is going to contact me?" "What number are they going to call?' "what is the time frame?"

Then when they don't do what they say they are going to, I have all the proof. It's funny because when you say that you have all the data and can show them it, they back down pretty fast.

Hi,

There's a North Pole in the Adirondacks in New York State....don't know about one in DC tho....

Stan

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
Hi,

There's a North Pole in the Adirondacks in New York State....don't know about one in DC tho....

Stan

Not far from Lake Placid, lots of cool stuff in that area due to it being an Olympic site.

Ill keep you guys apdated. Thx. At last search, the original package is in Indiane AGAIN. lol

I’ve had a couple packages go to the same town name in Minnesota instead of Texas. labels were right, completely different zip codes. One package was tracked to a house and they didn’t have it, their neighbor did. I got it eventually. All courtesy of the USPS.

A very nice poster here sent me some sample blades over a week ago, too. No telling where THEY are. I'm thinking Antarctica, but who knows. Anybody wanna guess?

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Bought a razor from the BST, arranged with the kind owner to ship to Canada. All good. Package entered the system and spent the next four weeks circling around the seller's home town before being "delivered" to them. Rather than ask a proxy to demand that the PO fulfill their commitment for the original delivery instructions, I paid for yet another shipping attempt which was ultimately successful. I felt really sorry for the seller, who had to deal with the kerfuffle.

Amazing that USPS can't deliver a package for $100 and two tries, but China Post can ship me a razor halfway around the planet for ten cents and get it right the first time.

O.H.

I think what tore it for me with the USPO(S) is when my medicine came to my town a couple of months ago. The package never got here. I had to scramble with the pharmacy, and luckily my insurance company covered the replacement. They overnighted them to me, and it turned out OK. This package is sent to me every month, yet they lost it anyway. The package has never been found.

BTW, I am one of the original hippies in my hometown, too. Groovy ✌️

I remember a time a go a gentleman wanted to fly to Oakland Californian but he ended up flying to Auckland New Zealand.

Top Bottom