What's new

Well, that's interesting. Astra SS from ebay

So I bought a single pack of Astra Stainless on ebay, came from Thailand. Cost me about $2 with shipping. Took a couple weeks to get here.

On to the more interesting part. It came in a plastic dispenser box, wrapped in a cellophane-like plastic with a pull tab. The pull tab didn't work so I picked at the wrapper until I was able to tear it off. By doing this I managed to crack off a part of the case. Once I got it open, I see than instead of there being a card and blades, it was actually a cardboard box of Astra SS in the dispenser box. Upon closer inspection, the dispenser box was very poorly made, the plastic very brittle. The "viewing window" has a bit of plastic overhang. Both the "new" and "used" blade slots are not fully formed and would not be usable. On that note, it has the "used blades" slot, but NO used blade compartment.

The blades appear genuine though.

Last edited:
All I have handy is my crummy camera phone at the moment. Here's what I got:

Attachments

• $Photo373.jpg
    $Photo373.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 169
  • $Photo372.jpg
    $Photo372.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 167
  • $Photo374.jpg
    $Photo374.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 167
Could be the shipper put it in that as some sort of protective case for such a long journey? I've received things that were absolutely crushed in the mail and maybe that was their thought?

Could be the shipper put it in that as some sort of protective case for such a long journey? I've received things that were absolutely crushed in the mail and maybe that was their thought?

The dispenser was the most interesting part. Just the fact that it was sealed in plastic as a normal dispenser pack would be.

Well, I suggest we not worry TOO much about the dispenser box. Let's get to the shave.

They seem to be genuine blades. I would have guessed that given the amount glue on the wrapper! It was sharp and smooth with some face lathered Arko regular. Nice shave. :thumbup:

Top Bottom