What's new

Well-loved blades which you hate

Astra Superior Platinum, this blade gives me about 4 or 5 quite agressive shaves (small blood spots, small nicks, a scratchy feel). Then gives about 5 ok shaves with more comfort but almost never feels really smooth for me. I really wonder why.

I've not heard of a lot of people loving Derbys. For me they are the Personna Platinums, Vokshod, and oddly enough Gillette Silver Blues.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Astra SP
Bic Chrome Platinum

I shaved a lot with Astra SP's early on...but realized that there were better choices for my face. The Bic blades I just never had any luck with. Probably got bum blades or knock-offs, but I had a bad experience three times with three brand new blades. Have never gone back.

Astra SP
Bic Chrome Platinum

I shaved a lot with Astra SP's early on...but realized that there were better choices for my face. The Bic blades I just never had any luck with. Probably got bum blades or knock-offs, but I had a bad experience three times with three brand new blades. Have never gone back.
Agree with anything BIC. Chrome plats feel like the edge is lined with barbed wire. Twin blade, single blade yellow, and metal are all bad to me.

I've read so many rave reviews for BIC chrome Platinum that I had to try them. The ones I got cannot be the same blades that people were raving about (typical reviews here say "sharper than a feather by 2nd shave - smoother than a feather and stay sharp for several shaves" etc.) The ones I bought are miles away from a feather.
Chrome plats feel like the edge is lined with barbed wire.
Exactly how I would describe them.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I've read so many rave reviews for BIC chrome Platinum that I had to try them. The ones I got cannot be the same blades that people were raving about (typical reviews here say "sharper than a feather by 2nd shave - smoother than a feather and stay sharp for several shaves" etc.) The ones I bought are miles away from a feather.

Exactly how I would describe them.

That's been my experience...three times. I may have to buy some more to really satisfy my curiosity.

Top Bottom