What's new

Well, Kiss My face.....

I had to hurry my shave this morning so I didn't make all the passes I ususally do. So tonight (since I was washing my face anyway with my Kiss my Face Olive Oil soap), I decided to slather my brush across it a few times & proceeded to whip up the most beautiful later in my hot little bowl!

No other face prep...I just lathered up very well & did a complete against the grain pass with my Gillette adjustable on 3. WOW is all I can say!!

This soap is going to be melted into a mug tomorrow & will become either 1 or 2 in my rotation. So smooth & clean a shave (& beat the pants off of my ususal 20-min hot-prep shaves I've been doing). I can't wait to try this in my normal routine!

proxy.php

Olive oil soaps, IMHO, are very nice. I've toyed around with Savon de Marseille soap, using it by itself and in conjunction with other creams and have achieved some nice results. Additionally, CAR uses an olive oil soap for the base lather in the Hydrolast method shaving system, and there are several gents who swear by the results.

Olive oil soap = GOOD ;)

Well, it won't melt in the microwave (like conventional glycerine soaps). What did work was to shave off small chunks into a cup & pour about 2oz of boiling water on it. Then I mashed it into the bottom of the cup with a spoon & it dried after about 20 mins.

Why bother melting soap when Kiss my Face has shave creams in the tub and pump dispensers in all sort of fragrances such as Mint, Key Lime, Vanilla, Jasmine, Patchouli, etc and they are brush friendly. They are made in NY state, and ae available in most NY drug:confused: stores, while in I found them at Norstrom Rack and GNC.-bladerunner

I tried it yesterday and the results were great. I did about 20-25 swirls on the KMF Olive Oil soap bar and then put some Body Shop shave cream in a bowl and lathered it up. The KMF Olive Oil soap increased the lubricity of the shave cream. If any of you fellas own the KMF soap bars, I suggest you give them a shot with your favorite shave cream or soap.

I have shaved with KMF and about 8 or so other brand olive oil soaps and always love them...only thing that compares is my NB cream. The cool thing about the KMF is that when I go to the gym its all I need because I will wash my hair, face, and body with it and of course shave if so desired. Great stuff at a great price.

I have several of the glycerin bars on order from the KMF Dollar Store, I am going to try shaving with those once I get em. (Then maybe I should try to shower with the Dollar Store shaving creams I ordered too!)

bladerunner said:
Why bother melting soap when Kiss my Face has shave creams in the tub and pump dispensers in all sort of fragrances such as Mint, Key Lime, Vanilla, Jasmine, Patchouli, etc and they are brush friendly. They are made in NY state, and ae available in most NY drug:confused: stores, while in I found them at Norstrom Rack and GNC.-bladerunner

I paid $2.49 for my 8oz bar of KMF Olive Oil soap. It was too big for my soap dish, so I shaved it. Works as well or better as any other shaving creams/soaps I own....not a bad deal for me.

I like the idea of using an olive oil soap in conjunction with a shave cream, but as a soap user (mostly), I wonder if anyone's had success milling an olive oil soap and a shave soap together. ?

I've been using KMF olive soap as a bath soap for a couple of years..I tried to lather, but it was very bubbly

F

foreverly

For years I exclusively used Olive Oil soap for shaving. Kiss My Face is good, but in my opinion is over priced.

Check local middle eastern groceries. They usually sell Olive Oil Soap with some sort of arabic stamp in the soap itself. It looks, smells, & feels just like Kiss My Face but it's a whole lot cheaper. I think I was buying it for around $1 a bar.

The great thing about the Olive Oil soap is it lasts a long time, unlike glycerin soaps.

Top Bottom