What's new

Well it has been a year

A year ago I shaved with a DE razor for the first time and boy that was a blood bath … Some may say not much has changed . After nearly a quarter century of shaving , there was a few constant in my shaving life , a chore, rarely enjoyable , using whatever was on sale for a long time and then a DSC customer for a few years, but the blade had ran out after I discontinued my membership a couple of month prior due to an overabundance of blade in the bathroom drawer.

I was at the tipping point needing something different so to Walgreen I went and a King C Gillette I bought, the tube of Cremo I used and blood I draw, this started the journey.

A Merkur 34 later a couple of dozen blade later, I have found something that work pretty well for me.

Merkkur 34 C
Voshkod blade
Boar brush
Proraso sensitive cream
Proraso After shave balm white
Gold bond Powder

I am still trying new thing yet did manage to not accumulate too much, a solid shoebox holding it all.

That being said this journey has brought some joy, I am looking forward to shaving. Shaving on average every other day compared to maybe twice a week at best before.

I have expanded my eyes to other thing, toothpaste, Marvis green and Dr Sheffield Activated charcoal have become my favorite, I have been using bar soap again after what … 30 + year hiatus and enjoy the journey.

Thank you all for helping me through the journey

As an Fyi there was no shave today … oh well there is always tomorrow and only the Merkur 34 and Gold Bond Powder will be part of it, the rest, well I am still trying new thing , not always with success.

Enjoy your next shave … because I will

Thanks for your post. It's good reading of another shaver's journey & how they've gotten to where they are. This is an enjoyable pastime where the only way to get better is to do what we like most... practice!
Enjoy your shaves!

Thanks folks, sorry I should have maybe post somewhere else , oh well I guess once a newbie always a newbie, I did join the forum a year ago.

4th shave of the year ... 178 ish to go

Prep : warm shower
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Cream : Nivea Cream blue tube
Razor : Merkur 34 HD
Blade : Wilkinson sword saloon pack (4)
Post : alum block , Nivea Sensitive balm, Gold bond powder

When you feel the bite without using a shark, not a great after shave feeling I guess a 3 and done would have been better. Not sure how many GRUME I have completed so far, but enjoying the camaraderie around here

Thanks folks, sorry I should have maybe post somewhere else , oh well I guess once a newbie always a newbie, I did join the forum a year ago.

4th shave of the year ... 178 ish to go

Prep : warm shower
Brush : Maggard SY24 synthetic
Cream : Nivea Cream blue tube
Razor : Merkur 34 HD
Blade : Wilkinson sword saloon pack (4)
Post : alum block , Nivea Sensitive balm, Gold bond powder

When you feel the bite without using a shark, not a great after shave feeling I guess a 3 and done would have been better. Not sure how many GRUME I have completed so far, but enjoying the camaraderie around here
I have hundreds of the Made in China 2016 Wilkis and was going to toss them after 2. Turns out they are good for 4 good shaves, not a crapy 4th. RBC still has them and the guy on ebay that I got them from.

Top Bottom