What's new

Well, I went ahead and bought an OC.

After much debate and pondering on my part I went ahead and bought me a Muhle R41. I've read where some get such a great shave with fewer passes so I'm thinking this might be my way to an irritation free shave since I seem to have very little if any until I do the final pass or two. I'm stepping up from my Muhle r89 and I do think it's a fine razor but it's time to explore. :) We shall see and I'll keep everybody posted to whether or not the 41 becomes the razor for me .

Chris

Good luck, be very mindful and LIGHT pressure!
Thank you, and the light pressure is one thing I have to keep reminding myself, even with the r89 or my 180, bad habits from the disposable days come back to haunt me now and then. I must admit I am a little bit nervous after hearing so many tell of tales of removing parts of the face with an oc lol . I'm hoping the r41 will cut down the amount of passes I need to get a smooth shave without excess irritation.

Chris

R41 is a Love/Hate kind of razor. Those that get along with it LOVE it. Those that can't seem to find the groove HATE it.

Take your time and give it at least a month as your only razor. After that time you will either love it or hate it. There IS no middle ground with this razor. You will never hear anyone say that it is "OK"

personally I enjoy mine which is a BRW deluxe standard handle custom.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I love it. LOVE it. The secret to the R41 is no pressure. NONE. If you think you are using none, it's too much. You almost have to intentionally hold it off your face. But once you get it right, you will be smoother than ever. So smooth that you may quit using it because you have to skip shaves, there's nothing there to shave off!

R41 is a Love/Hate kind of razor. Those that get along with it LOVE it. Those that can't seem to find the groove HATE it.

Take your time and give it at least a month as your only razor. After that time you will either love it or hate it. There IS no middle ground with this razor. You will never hear anyone say that it is "OK"

personally I enjoy mine which is a BRW deluxe standard handle custom.

proxy.php

I think you have too many BRW and want to PIF me that handle. I am insanely jealous.

Youve made a great move. The r89 and r41 are my favorites. It took me a while to find the right blade for me and If I may make a suggestion, try a derby in your r41. I know, I thought Derbys were garbage but I couldn't seem to get it right with the r41 till I put a derby in. I had a couple laying round that I was gonna let my wife use up but I just ordered 100 derby after a 2 pass bbs with my r41. Keep in mind that I have a very course beard and could never get away with a derby in my r89. I use feathers or 7oclock blacks in that razor. As always ymmv, just a suggestion. Congrats on the purchase of a fine fine razor.

Youve made a great move. The r89 and r41 are my favorites. It took me a while to find the right blade for me and If I may make a suggestion, try a derby in your r41. I know, I thought Derbys were garbage but I couldn't seem to get it right with the r41 till I put a derby in. I had a couple laying round that I was gonna let my wife use up but I just ordered 100 derby after a 2 pass bbs with my r41. Keep in mind that I have a very course beard and could never get away with a derby in my r89. I use feathers or 7oclock blacks in that razor. As always ymmv, just a suggestion. Congrats on the purchase of a fine fine razor.

I have a few Derby's left over from my sampler pack that I will try. I guess I will start over in trying different blades as I found how different they act between my r89 and my 180(23c). As of right now I won't touch a Derby in either of those but, I'm open to seeing if they work in the 41. I found the right blade in the Voskod's, but I have been going back through different blades to re-valuate them and to my surprise the Personnas Reds have become a favorite in my r89. :)

Chris

Arg!

The 2011 R41. It has mutilated my face 3 times so far, but since I'm below 50 posts, I can't put it up on BST. Then I read these posts and I'm thinking, maybe with this blade instead... I hope my face survives tomorrow morning.

Jerome

well I got the r41 in today, man this thing look vicious and I can't wait to use it! I went ahead and bought a Tradere handle for it so I will see how well, or bad it shaves. I'm really hoping this cuts down on how many passes I have to make to get a clean shave.

Chris

well I got the r41 in today, man this thing look vicious and I can't wait to use it! I went ahead and bought a Tradere handle for it so I will see how well, or bad it shaves. I'm really hoping this cuts down on how many passes I have to make to get a clean shave.

Chris

Congrats I love mine!! No pressue/find the right angle it is aggressive but not the face eating monster some make it to be!! First shave I had with it I was nervous and got some nice razor burn every shave since is better and better. I cant quit reaching for it now!!

We need pics with the tradere handle nice combo!!

Congrats I love mine!! No pressue/find the right angle it is aggressive but not the face eating monster some make it to be!! First shave I had with it I was nervous and got some nice razor burn every shave since is better and better. I cant quit reaching for it now!!

We need pics with the tradere handle nice combo!!
Here are a few pics, I tried to keep them small but just big enough to show detail, so I apologize if they enlarge the page like some idiot uploaded them :)
PS, I had my first shave with it today, I found that groove during the second pass and didn't mutilate my face, only one weeper so this just might turn out to be the one ;)$IMG_2168a.jpg$IMG_2183a.jpg
Chris

Shes a beuaty!!! Nice pics I sense another membership on its way!!!

well since the very first shave was as good as my usual with the others, I sense they will only get better once I get to know the 41, yep, another membership might be in the making :)

Chris

Top Bottom