What's new

Well I never! Overlooked this one didn't I!

Cor blimey mate! Can't believe it's taken me this long guvnor!

So, I've been working my way through the DE sampler pack from John (LetterK) and has thus far decided on Feathers as probably being my blade of choice. Also liked the Swedish Gillettes and Derby's, Israeli's didn't cut it for me (pun intended)!:biggrin:

However, after my first (not so great) encounter with a DE blade being the blade my Merkur Long Handle Classic shipped with I was somewhat reticent to try the Merkur Blades from the sampler pack. I've been putting it off and using the other blades as an excuse not to use them.

Well, this morning I finally summoned the cajones to try one again. I was dreading it to tell you the truth - amazing how much one bad experience leaves a mental scar isn't it?

Anyway, all I can say is:

SCORE!!

Boy I wish I'd given these a go sooner! I only did a two pass run and was rewarded with a completely irritation free, no nicks, cuts, weepers or anything shave. If I'd gone for the three pass I can tell my face would have been like glass! I'm now eagerly awaiting tomorrow mornings shave to see if I can duplicate the experience!:biggrin:

Good show old fellow! You have encountered what many believe to be the GOLD standard in shaving smoothness.

Glad you found what's right for you. I keep going back to Merkur blades and still can't get on with them. I have about 40 from variuos razor purchases.

So far I've tried only a handfull of blades (North American Gillettes; Personnas; "Super Max" - I think that was the name; and Merkurs) but I have found Merkurs to be the best of these. They have become my go-to blade (for now at least)... and as a bonus they are readily available at at least 4 local stores (likely more).

I prefer the Feathers, but still like the Merkurs better that the Derby or Israeli Personna. I occasionally still use the Merkur blade.

Bud

So, can anyone enlighten me as to where is the best (and hopefully cheapest) place to procure these marvellous sharp steels? Internet purchasing is preferable.

I have found I much prefer Merkur as well. I tried a feather, did not like it, irritation and such. Now, what do I do with the 2/10 packs and the 9 from the other pack :bored: :confused:

Darren

stropmegently said:
I have found I much prefer Merkur as well. I tried a feather, did not like it, irritation and such. Now, what do I do with the 2/10 packs and the 9 from the other pack :bored: :confused:

Darren

If you listen closely you can almost here a thread in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum being born.

Top Bottom