What's new

Well I failed at gentlemanly restraint today...

This year I wasn't going to buy anything shaving-related. But I knew in the back of my mind that I wanted one of Tony Miller's special edition strops, just didn't know what/when. Well today I saw that he has Notovan on sale. It is a real beauty - dark brown stropping leather with black trim. So I helped myself to a 2.5" model with the leather handles and linen second component.

I guess my vow was destined for failure anyway. I have a friend who is having a wedding very close to the Superior Shave shop in Florida this summer. I didn't have a clear plan for how I was going to walk out of that shop empty handed...

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
What a nice strop that one is. You're going to love the linen. The horsehide, too, I'd think, but I have the linen and know how great it is.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Like all his work, it really is amazing. I bought one of his fast bridle strops and it is a real piece of art. Wish I would have waited and have bought one of these. Hopefully they are still around in a couple months when I can afford one lol.

hey guys how do you contact Tony? I'm in the market for a new strop. Been looking around and not to many deals out there for a Good strop
thanks

@Jim - Yeah, I do love the linen. I have a TM rough-out with the linen. It is my travel strop. The rough-out leather seems less prone to creasing damage.

Tony is a great guy who does great work. I have one of his Old No. 2 Fast Bridle strops and one of the genuine flax linen stops. I just wish he had the linen in 3" width as I prefer wider strops. I have a couple of longer blades that are more difficult to strop on 2 1/2" strops. His 3" strops are only available with cotton fabric as the second component.

Top Bottom