What's new

well i did it

Well i made the big purchase today. I got a Merkur progress razor along with an extra pack of blades, I vulfix #2234 super badger brush, along with a shaving bowl with sandalwood soap, all from classicshaving.com. I also purchased one of she shea butter soap/lotion sets from Will G. Hopefully this will get me off to a good start, and not drive me to the poor house. I've already got a healthy cigar habit so i guess this is just one more thing to through money at:) hopefully it proves to be as enjoyable as cigars. Anybody got suggestions for something else i may have missed?(yeah i know you ALL have an opinion on something else i can buy).

will g's is cheap and good. I like the patchouli. number 7 is interesting, kind of vanilla, smells like a dessert, a pastry.

if you want cheap stuff, aloe 80 makes a good aftershave. not sticky, doesn't smell. KMF shave lotion is really cheap, not great but not bad, good for the cost. thayer's witch hazel (w/o alcohol) is a good astringent, i use it after I shave. There are lots of different scents. These are all available at whole foods/wild oats/health stores.

derby blades and israeli blades are on ebay, $20 for 100 shipped. great value. in a week or so I'll have feather blades to sell. they are the sharpest I hear.

don't pay too much for stuff. if you ask around somebody has something you can try or buy for cheap. read the boards. i like soaps, they are cheap. creams are a bit more 'luxurious' and the lather is a little thicker.

qed has cheap soap that smells good.

Clint:

Welcome to yet another addiction. It sound like you're off to a decent start. I'd recommend a top notch cream from Trumper or Taylor. It looks like you've started out with all soaps so it's a nice change to throw in a cream or two as well. You never know which you prefer until you try them....ah, the start of all acquisition disorders.

Jerry

Congrtaulations and welcome to the D/E world. You will really enjoy yourself, especially since Gillette is charging $3.00 for one Fusion cartridge.

I would look for a good after shave moisturizing balm. I have Catriona at Barclay-Crocker custom blend one for me with your choice of scent. It does a great job and is available at an incredibly low price. Quite the value.

www.barclaycrocker.com

Good luck & enjoy.

Clint,

I echo DoubleE's comments in the cream market. You need to get yourself a high quality cream from either Geo F. Trumper or Taylor of Old Bond Street. Can't go wrong with them, top of the line english creams.

Welcome to yet another money draining hobby.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
If you want to free up some funds for your new hobby, take the advice of someone who maintained an ungodly cigar habit- take up a pipe. Much better tobacco for a small fraction of the price.

ouch said:
If you want to free up some funds for your new hobby, take the advice of someone who maintained an ungodly cigar habit- take up a pipe. Much better tobacco for a small fraction of the price.
Until you start buying high-end pipes, in which case your money drains even faster than your shaving habit. <Speaking from experience....>:blushing:

Scotto said:
Until you start buying high-end pipes, in which case your money drains even faster than your shaving habit. <Speaking from experience....>:blushing:

Amen, Scotto!

<staring at my 34 pipes that I never smoke anymore>

yup i tried the pipe thing already. I tried a ton of different pipes and tobacoes and never came across anything that really did it for me. So i stick to cigars.

Top Bottom