What's new

Well, I blind-purchased some Kouros

After traveling far and wide and inquiring within every store I could find, alas I purchased some Kouros blind. Being of Greek descent myself and hearing how polarizing/potent the scent is, I said what the heck and bought a smallish 1.7 oz bottle for a pretty good price on eBay. What say you about Kouros? Did I just stink myself out of my house? Did I just attract a throng of middle aged European women to my door?

836m.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I liked it a lot back in the day but like most of that era it is a shadow of the powerhouse it was. I understand when buying a vintage bottle that silver bottle shoulders as shown in your image, as opposed to white, indicate a genuine old bottle. 👍

I liked it a lot back in the day but like most of that era it is a shadow of the powerhouse it was. I understand when buying a vintage bottle that silver bottle shoulders as shown in your image, as opposed to white, indicate a genuine old bottle. 👍

Thanks for the info! I just pulled the above photo from a Google search, I'm pretty sure I got the new formulation. I'll post my thoughts once I get it, I was just curious to see what others thought about it.

I love Kouros and so does my GF. It's not for everyone which I'm glad as it leaves more for us Kouros lovers. If you like your version, start hunting for a chrome shoulder/base bottle.

Kouros is one of those fragrances that I LOVE, but won't wear out of the house or when I am in close proximity to other people (not that that is an issue these days). I'm not familiar with the recent formulations, but hopefully it hasn't changed too much. I hope you like it!

Thank you for all the responses gents. I’m glad no one gave any specific descriptions of the scent. When I get it, I’ll report back And we can compare notes if you like. Thanks again for all your input!

For me it used to be THE ONE some 25 years ago... I have a bottle still, but the thrill is gone. I wear it occasionally.

I blind-bought a 3.3 oz bottle a few years ago. I really like it. I'm interested in trying the vintage but not holding my breath on getting any. I'll be curious to hear your impressions when you get it.

Kouros is quite expensive nowadays.
Back in the 80's it was one of my favorite fragrances.
Instead of paying about 80 Euros for a bottle I bought a Milton Lloyd the man silver from England and payed 13 Euros incl shipping.
The man silver is as close to the original 80's Kouros as it can be.

Wow, Amazon has that stuff really cheap! If I love it I may pop on the clone for comparisons sake.

👍🏻

This is interesting. Anyone know where samples might be available. Would be open to use but like to see how it test's out.

Yes, I found this jewel a few years ago and have been able to pick up a plethora of different samples to try out. Without dumping a ton of money on a bunch fragrances neither my wife, nor I will ever wear. They have Kouros in stock. For a few dollars, you can pick up anything from 1 mL dip vials to 15 mL spray bottles. It’s called Surrender to chance Dot com.

The description I always remember is, "like sheets after a couple has used them." :austin1::a39::devil:

AA

The review for Korus at the place I listed above is from a woman. From her description, I would say she concurs with what you remember. She just stated it much more provocative way, and she loves it. Gave it five stars.

Top Bottom