What's new

Well gents, I'm smitten

A little back story to start. My father is retired military and when he isn't substitute teaching he is an ebay ninja. I was a lucky recipient of his ninja skills last Friday when a box showed up at my door. He had called me and told me to expect something but didn't say what. I opened it up and found a VG almost EX grade Red Tip. I've wanted one since I've started wet shaving because of the overall aesthetics of the razor and because of all of the praise that I've read hear about what a good shaver it is. Well, I haven't been disappointed. Two smooth, effortless, near perfect shaves in and I find myself wanting to shave even more than before because of what a joy it is with the red tip. Can't wait to keep using it because of the great shaves it gives and the reminder I'll have of my dad each time I use it.

I know how you feel. The Gillette red tip is by far my most enjoyable vintage razor. I mostly favour modern, more efficient razors, but when I want to rest my skin and just have a pleasant and calm shave, without worrying about being completely smooth for 12+ hours, I go for the red tip. I never had a shave with my red tip that didn’t make me smile.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
1645636617481.gif

Your dad rules. You've inspired me to use my Red Tip for the next shave.
Agreed. He's such an awesome all around dude. My brother and I are lucky to have him continue to set the example for us as we lead and raise our young families.

Top Bottom