What's new

Weleda Shaving Cream

Anyone else tried this stuff?? I have had very good results with it. In fact, better than my Trumper's and T & H Ultimate, etc.

I think my wife ordered it on-line or maybe we found it at Whole Foods.

It is an all natural cream from Germany, and has an herbal scent to it. It lathers sort of thin but gets nice and slick. It takes a little time for all the lubricity to "appear". It's as if something in the cream has to react with water to do its thing.

I have been using a bit of Proraso Pre/Post followed by this stuff and have been getting very comfortable shaves with relatively high "closeness"

Maybe I am it a wierd rut, but currently I find that this works better for me than the above listed creams, in spite of the others making a superior lather to this. It has better lubricity. Only CAR seems more slippery.

I almost find I don't need any ASB following this stuff.

The description:

"Weleda Shaving Cream forms a lasting and creamy lather giving a gentle, thorough wet shave. Extract of Viola tricolor, Goat's Milk, and Almond Milk care for skin sensitized by the stresses of shaving. The Weleda Shaving Range is free from synthetic additives including fragrance, artificial color or preservatives, and made without raw materials derived from mineral oils. "

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Potassium Stearate, Glycerin, Potassium Olivate, Potassium Cocoate, Sodium Stearate, Fragrance: natural essential oils (Geranium, Lavender, Rosemary) with herbal Clary Sage Concrete, Gum Benzoin (Siam), Pansy (Viola Tricolor) Extract, Sweet Almond (Prunus Dulcis) Extract, Goat's Milk (Caprae Lac), Sodium Olivate, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Silicate, Magnesium Sulfate, Alcohol.

Let me know what you gents think

TIA

Sounds good, and wholesome ingredients from what I can tell. I think Tom (in Germany) has tried this before, and I think he likes it... so maybe sure he'll chime in at some point. I've seen this in Whole Foods, but just haven't tried it yet.

I find it to be ok, but nothing special regarding shave quality. I need a lot of product to get a decent lather which makes Weleda too expensive IMO. It smells nice and is very good for the skin though. As far as all natural shaving creams are concerned I definitely prefer Speick (made in Stuttgart).

Hi Robert,

indeed, the WELEDA is a nice cream, with a also nice scent, I've used this for, I think, 10 shaves...
You see, when you reed the ingredients that it's really all natural, but OLIVIA's soaps and creams are also...

The skin care of her soaps/creams is really outstanding, my skin feels everytime after the shaves so smooth, it's unbelievable...

Thomas

Tom is right all the way. He knows what he's saying on that because I also have a few of Olivia's creams and soaps, and I have very sensitive skin, but whenever I use those brands of her's, my skin feels like it's born again. They not only smell wonderful, but they are so soothing and comforting. No scratching, no irritation, no razor burn, just cool comfort. Weleda does smell nice, but I don't think that highly of it, and it's rather expensive for what you get. Speick is a very good cream on the other hand, it has a very rich, creamy lather, smells great, kind of between Old Spice and Noxzema, and also has excellent skin care. However, any time my face feels like a shave might irritate it, I pull out a cream or a soap from Olivia to use that day.

Jeff

I agree, if you want to get vast, vast quantities of lather, would need a fair amount of Weleda, which would get expensive, especially here in the U.S., but I don't use that much and find it works fine for me.

I think this tube would be great in a travel bag.

My wife (who is German) told me about Speick the other day in fact. Says it's been around for decades and the smell reminds her of her grandfather. So, she says I shouldn't use it unless I want to smell like an old man. She says the same about Tabac. Too much history there. Sorry fellas.

Tell me more about Olivia's soaps. Where do I find these?

Many thanks,

R.

Super90 said:
I agree, if you want to get vast, vast quantities of lather, would need a fair amount of Weleda, which would get expensive, especially here in the U.S., but I don't use that much and find it works fine for me.

I think this tube would be great in a travel bag.

My wife (who is German) told me about Speick the other day in fact. Says it's been around for decades and the smell reminds her of her grandfather. So, she says I shouldn't use it unless I want to smell like an old man. She says the same about Tabac. Too much history there. Sorry fellas.

Tell me more about Olivia's soaps. Where do I find these?

Many thanks,

R.

i'll know more about them soon (as I have some on the way via my good friend Tom), but here's her website:

http://www.olivia-seife.de/

R, :lol: Speick is old-school, yes, but I can tell you that it sure delivers great lather, and damn good skin-care during and after a shave. Olivia's stuff is something extra special, as I stated before, my skin is very tender, and I also have a very heavy, tough beard, now if I would use some of the other more expensive, high-end creams and soaps like Castle-Forbes, Joris, Boellis, even some of the 3 T's, I'll get rashes, irritations, and breakouts. If I use any of the creams or soaps which come from Olivia, I not only get closer shaves, but I can even do an extra pass and enjoy the shave that much more. Her stuff, as well as Speick is made from pure and simple ingredients which provide extra moisturization and protection for sensitive skin, so there's no bullsh.. in these products which can irritate you. The only thing about her soaps is you have to work a little harder to get a good lather, but her creams lather up in a matter of seconds. Tabac is a damn good soap, I always enjoyed it, I feel bad that I can't find it in Montreal anymore.

Jeff

Jeff,

Are you ordering the Olivia soaps from Germany, or are you buying somewhere on-line that is more "local"?

It takes so much cream to get any lather and the lather does not last. Trying to get a second shave from the same brush is impossible. Of all the creams I use, Weleda is the one I least like.

So Jeff,

I am guessing "your connections" are not open to the public. I guess I can get my relatives in Germany to bring me some when they visit.

Robert

Okay, I wrote a review, so you can do your own rating.

The review is HERE.

It's not a sparkling review, but I think it's not a bad product. In fact, my first ever DE shave was with this cream. Now, my BEST DE shave came with Proraso, which is much better.

But sitll, nothing wrong with Weleda - for the price, you should give it a try.

Peace,

Pierre

Top Bottom