What's new

Welcome To Our Newest Members As Of 11/20/05!

We would like to welcome our newest members to this site! :badger: This past week the following members have joined us!!!

ufo8mycow
rustyblade
atnight
jimmy
iangriffin
a35335

We’re glad to have you, hope you’ll visit often, and look forward to your postings. When you have a chance, please take time to post a thread about yourself in the Hall of Fame forum.

Also check out and add your mark on our Google Map (instructions), if you so desire.

Badger & Blade Mods

Welcome aboard everyone!

Along with the Hall of Fame, please also feel free to add yourself to our Google Map (instructions), if you so desire.

Rik, it was 4:30 PM PST, and there was no new Welcome thread... I thought something had happened to you! :scared:

-Nick

right on. i've been too busy soaking in the info between here and shavemyface (which i haven't joined yet) to really make any posts. relatively new to DEs (I've owned a Progress for a few months and still getting the hang of it and just ordered the Men-U synthetic brush)- like many people, I have a coarse beard that grows in a million directions coupled with sensitive skin, so I suppose I was ultimately driven here. Anyway, still trying to get my technique down without getting razor burn/irritation, but I'm happy to say since switching to a DE, no more razor bumps, and Code Blue keeps the rest in check as I improve. What drove me to become a member is not only the info, but all the great photos. I am currently alternating between Taylor's Avocado and QED Lavender soap, but definitely have the bug to try more creams and soaps...

Nick said:
Welcome aboard everyone!

Along with the Hall of Fame, please also feel free to add yourself to our Google Map (instructions), if you so desire.

Rik, it was 4:30 PM PST, and there was no new Welcome thread... I thought something had happened to you! :scared:

-Nick

LOL! I was up to my elbows in a server cluster. Would've much rather have been relaxing with you guys. Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of adding your B&B map line to our welcome. :biggrin:

Rik said:
LOL! I was up to my elbows in a server cluster. Would've much rather have been relaxing with you guys. Hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of adding your B&B map line to our welcome. :biggrin:

Rik,

Real life can stink sometimes!

Mind? I love it! :thumbup:

-Nick

Atnight,

Glad to have you aboard, there is certainly a lot of information out there. It sounds like you'll be amongst friends here (but unfortunately, we're all enablers, so if you were looking to squash that bug...:biggrin: ). What do you think of that Taylor's Avocado?

-Nick

Nick said:
Atnight,

Glad to have you aboard, there is certainly a lot of information out there. It sounds like you'll be amongst friends here (but unfortunately, we're all enablers, so if you were looking to squash that bug...:biggrin: ). What do you think of that Taylor's Avocado?

-Nick

I'm not so much a musky, cologne guy, so as far as scents go, I think the Avocado is great- very simple and floral. It's just my first English cream, besides samples of the Taylor's Sandalwood and Lavender that they'd sent me, so I don't have a lot to compare it with. I like the simplicity and shave that I get from the QED Lavender, and the scent, which I find to be on the medicinal side of Lavender, is growing on me. I hated the Sandalwood scent that Taylor's sent me, but really enjoyed the one I smelled in Crabtree&Evelyn the other day, so I'm wondering if my sample was mislabeled- it had more of an old school barber shop air to it than any Sandalwood I remember smelling.
At any rate, I have a mental queue now to try Proraso soap and cream(I have a local deli/market called "The Italian Store" that stocks it occasionally), Taylor's Almond, Trumper's Violet and Salter's Mint. I'm sure I'll eventually throw a Lime and Rose scent in there too, but I can't get ahead of myself. Needless to say, I have tubes of Brave Soldier Shower Shave and King Of Shaves Unmentholated that have been sitting in my "out of rotation" box under the sink since I got the good stuff. I may try to use them up when I travel, but Charles's shave sticks sound like a good idea too.

The Avocado has piqued my interest for some time now. I should really just bite the bullet on that.

As for your to-do list, it's my firm belief that the Proraso pre/post (aftershave cream in the tub) is the best bang for your buck out there. A little goes a loooooong way. After my shave, I always wipe my face down with some witch hazel, and then almost always spray some Da Vinci water (a mixture of rose and lavender hydrosols), then, with my face still damp, I take a tiny dab of the Proraso, and the wetness from the hydrosol water helps to thin out the cream, and spread it all over my face. This combo is nearly unbeatable, as everything I've put on my face serves a purpose and helps to either cleanse, tone, or nourish my face. The Proraso also gives a great tingly sensation as it dries. The Salter Mint is a little more airy than Taylor's, but is still really good, and if you like mint, the scent is just outstanding (one of my faves). The shave sticks provide a great way to do touchups, are great for travel since you don't need a bowl, and also get my thumbs up.

I too have a KoS product that I've had for years, and promptly threw under the sink once I discovered the good stuff.

-Nick

Rik said:
We would like to welcome our newest members to this site! :badger:
ufo8mycow
rustyblade
atnight
jimmy
iangriffin
a3533

Did you tell them about the big drawing this Saturday night....all new members are eligible, no purchase nessessary...

1st place: A NEW CAR !!!!!!///that's right a brand new 2005 Chinese made "Kopy-cat"...looks like a Honda, smells like a Honda, but at only a retail value of $7295 it is made in China....:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

2nd place: A NEW SNAKE SKIN JACKET: A beautiful handmade jacket from the "Sean Collection"...this lovely jacket would be a great addition to any of your redneck parties...:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

3rd place: DINNER FOR TWO AT THE GUERON EXPRESS RESTURANT...located in the picturisque city of Tulsa Oklahoma, Home of Garth Brooks, you will dine with the lathermaster himself with his exquisite cuisine of finely cut beef steaks and succulent river shrimp.:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

4th place: SIGNED AUTOGRAPHED PICTURE OF TINA GRANT: gee, this is better than the new car !!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS....

IF YOU LIKE HAVING FUN STICK AROUND.....WELCOME....

mark ths shoeshine boy

the above announcement was a complete joke.....:glare:

Doh! The peer pressure is too much!

Alright, I'll drop the hammer as soon as I can figure out what else I can pad my QED order with (I doubt Charles or any retailer much enjoys filling orders for single items).

-Nick

Nick said:
Doh! The peer pressure is too much!

Alright, I'll drop the hammer as soon as I can figure out what else I can pad my QED order with (I doubt Charles or any retailer much enjoys filling orders for single items).

-Nick

Nick:

A tub of Avacado..........and a nice, new Savile Row silvertip would round out a VERY nice order don't you think?

Jerry

Top Bottom