What's new

Welcome Omar

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Here's something I never do. Just ordered your Lavender shave soap. We'll see how it is.

captp

Omar, just got your Lavender shave soap. Smells real good. Should try it out tomorrow.
Is this a high glycerin, melt and pour soap?

captp

Tried the Lavender soap this morning. As a high glycerin melt and pour soap, it had to compare favorably with my stand by M&P soap, Mama Bears; I have around 20+ flavors of MB, and have been happy with it for years; I think it compares well to my "high end" triple milled English soaps.

The Men's Soap Co. Lavender might whip up a lather quicker, and maybe a bit thicker, all in very short time. Treated this one the same as every other soap or cream I have, from M&P to Triple Milled. The Lavender scent is very nice, and about medium strong or a bit above that.
Used my ATT SE2 w/Feather Pro Super blade, the most aggressive set-up I have. The shave went extremely well, very smooth, comfortable, non-irritating, close, as BBS as can be. While I can't really say that the Men's Soap Co. Soap is superior to others, but it doesn't take second place to anything I've used. Those of you who could never get Mama Bear or Col. Conk to lather, you may be out of luck; I don't think there's anything magical about this one that will fix that for you. But everyone else, give it a try, it's not particularly expensive.
I think I can give this a solid 4.5/5.0

I have to say, waiting for your review was a nail-biter. If the first B&B review went negatively, I'm not sure we could recover as new vendor joining this club. Thank you for your honest review, really appreciate it.

Tried the Lavender soap this morning. As a high glycerin melt and pour soap, it had to compare favorably with my stand by M&P soap, Mama Bears; I have around 20+ flavors of MB, and have been happy with it for years; I think it compares well to my "high end" triple milled English soaps.

The Men's Soap Co. Lavender might whip up a lather quicker, and maybe a bit thicker, all in very short time. Treated this one the same as every other soap or cream I have, from M&P to Triple Milled. The Lavender scent is very nice, and about medium strong or a bit above that.
Used my ATT SE2 w/Feather Pro Super blade, the most aggressive set-up I have. The shave went extremely well, very smooth, comfortable, non-irritating, close, as BBS as can be. While I can't really say that the Men's Soap Co. Soap is superior to others, but it doesn't take second place to anything I've used. Those of you who could never get Mama Bear or Col. Conk to lather, you may be out of luck; I don't think there's anything magical about this one that will fix that for you. But everyone else, give it a try, it's not particularly expensive.
I think I can give this a solid 4.5/5.0

captp

I have to say, waiting for your review was a nail-biter. If the first B&B review went negatively, I'm not sure we could recover as new vendor joining this club. Thank you for your honest review, really appreciate it.
:a14:My pleasure, Omar. To be honest, I'm not the best person to review anything, especially soap. I can make an excellent lather from almost any soap I've tried (do you hear me Modern Williams? Alas you foiled me. But I have a few pucks to spare and will try you again). Same with any brush I have.
I wish you the best of luck in your venture.

Top Bottom