Welcome, @Draal

Discussion in 'Welcome to Badger and Blade' started by The Welcome Badger, Mar 16, 2019 at 7:25 AM.

Please join me in welcoming our newest member, @Draal. We are happy to have you as part of our community.
    Why not start by telling us something about yourself!

1. Welcome aboard!

2. Welcome to B & B, enjoy!

3. Welcome to B & B

[​IMG]

4. ajkel64

ajkel64 Ambassador

Welcome to the forum. There is a Newbie Blade PIF in the Shave Clinic and Newbie Check In Forum. Have a look as you might win some new blades to try out.

5. Welcome to the forum

6. Thanks all! I've been away from my computer working on the Honey Do list so I finally made some time for myself LOL! I'm 50 years old and a father of two sons (one is 14 and developing enough upper lip hair to start shaving). My other son is 8 and he enjoys Dad's new hobby of collecting DE razors. He likes the Prorazo aftershave I use and has to have some splashed on before heading out to 3rd grade LOL!

I got back into shaving with a safety razor a few months ago. I was tired of the electric razor and I was equally fed up with the modern blades. So I bought a 1952 Gillette Super Speed for 6 bucks, cleaned her up and enjoyed a smooth shave. It brought me back to watching my Dad shave when I was a kid. He had a black handled Gillette in the 70's.

My collection is still very small. I have a Souplex Double Six in great condition and that has been a fun shaving experience. Extremely light and having an aggressive side and mild side is interesting. I'm digging it the more I play with it.

Today I received my third razor which is a Gillette silver flare tip that came in its original red case with the Blue Blade pack still in it. Looks barely used and not bad for 9 bucks.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to learn more the deeper I search on this awesome forum.