What's new
  • Welcome back Guest!
    If you have been away from our site you may have to request a new password. Simply click on the link for "lost" password in the log in page.
    Thank you.
    The BST is now open, please note the changes in our guidelines to address the recent fraudulent activity. Ensure you read the guidelines prior to creating a sale thread in the Buy-Sell-Trade forum with special attention to the new photo and payment requirements.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Welcome Argonaut

jwhite

Moderator Emeritus
Some of you may have noticed we have another moderator to the Brown Leaf. I couldn't be more pleased and would like to extend a warm welcome.

:jump::a5::jump:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Contributor
Wow, we are becoming busy enough for two moderators. That shaving sabbatical has been good for the Brown Leaf and Nib. Welcome aboard, Argonaut.

on edit: beware of Ed, he is a sneaky enabler :lol:

Argonaut

Moderator Emeritus
Wow, we are becoming busy enough for two moderators. That shaving sabbatical has been good for the Brown Leaf and Nib. Welcome aboard, Argonaut.

on edit: beware of Ed, he is a sneaky enabler :lol:
Thanks guys, you all may remember me as jmallen5. I don't sweat Ed, I've enabled bigger fish than he's lied about catching.:001_smile

Just ask Price, and Steve, and Syngent, and to some extent Bladeboy, but I'm not taking full credit for his spiral.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Contributor
Thanks guys, you all may remember me as jmallen5. I don't sweat Ed, I've enabled bigger fish than he's lied about catching.:001_smile

Just ask Price, and Steve, and Syngent, and to some extent Bladeboy, but I'm not taking full credit for his spiral.
Well, Jason, soon Ed and I will be able to help you with a meerschaum purchase. We both ordered one from the same vendor on eBay.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Contributor
We shall see who enables who, though I am curious about the meer.
Here is the one I got. Ed got one of the mini-meers, which truthfully aren't much smaller than my no name apple:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLOSSEUM-DEEP-CARVE-CHURCHWARDEN-Meerschaum-Pipes-RARE-/300479143505?

It may take a couple weeks to get here, but it is coming from Turkey. I have had a couple good email exchanges from Nicky, and have invited him over to check us out. Seems like a good person.

Argonaut

Moderator Emeritus
Here is the one I got. Ed got one of the mini-meers, which truthfully aren't much smaller than my no name apple:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/COLOSSEUM-DEEP-CARVE-CHURCHWARDEN-Meerschaum-Pipes-RARE-/300479143505?

It may take a couple weeks to get here, but it is coming from Turkey. I have had a couple good email exchanges from Nicky, and have invited him over to check us out. Seems like a good person.
Very cool, I like the lattice work, it'll be nice to see how it colors over time.
I would like it even better in a cherrywood shape though.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Contributor
Very cool, I like the lattice work, it'll be nice to see how it colors over time.
I would like it even better in a cherrywood shape though.
You might peruse his wares- he has a pretty wide range of shapes and prices.

on edit: and yes, I ordered that one because of the lattice work. It should make for some interesting colorations.

Argonaut

Moderator Emeritus
Well, Jason, soon Ed and I will be able to help you with a meerschaum purchase. We both ordered one from the same vendor on eBay.
I almost forgot, let me know if you need to find out where to get one of these.
[/URL]
or like this one
[/URL]
:001_tongu

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Contributor
See Jason, I prompted you to enable. I should get an assist if anyone goes for one of those.

lolz i've actually been looking for a poker, and with all this meer talk as of late, i wonder if there is a meer poker out there....hmmm....

Top Bottom