What's new

WEISHI Double Edge Safety Razor 2004-V "Classic Vintage Super Speed Design"

Anyone have any experience with this razor? I was thinking of giving it a try, but wanted feedback before pulling the trigger on this.

$Razor.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WEISHI-Doub...=100010&prg=1076&rk=2&rkt=15&sd=261366031000&

There a whole range of opinion on this razor. One thing people agree on is that to make sure you get the Weishi 9300 version. That model is built of brass, rather than aluminum. The 9300 looked great, and was well made.

I found it to be too mild, and haven't used it since picking up a vintage Gillette.

I have 2 of the micro touch one razors - which I believe is the brass weishi razor. On both, the blade gap is even, the handle is comfy, the Tto works very well, the plating is great. I'm impressed. It shaves just a tiny bit milder than my 40s style SS. The head is also a little less domed, so it fits under my nose better, but requires the handle to be a little more towards parallel to the floor than the SS. Its also a tiny bit heavier than the SS, which I find nicer.

I would like to try something newer than my Gillette Super Speed (It is in desperate need of replating), but don't have a lot of $$$$ to buy a merkur or equivalent. I see a lot of junk out there, and do not want to be burned.

Think I will steer clear of this one.

Will keep looking until I can find one under $10 that is not junk. (I know that will be tough to do, but not impossible)

They're very mild and blade gap is is pretty narrow from what I remember. They might be a bit of a challenge to shave with because one has to maintain the proper blade angle, and there is not much wiggle room.

They're very mild and blade gap is is pretty narrow from what I remember. They might be a bit of a challenge to shave with because one has to maintain the proper blade angle, and there is not much wiggle room.

Interesting. I'm asking because my girlfriend has a daughter that we've been trying to get away from cartridge shaving. Would this or the Parker 29L be a good razor for her to learn on? I was able to procure a Lady Gillette for my girlfriend for Christmas, but we want to make sure that it stays as nice as we can rather than it being dropped because of carelessness or something because of teenage distraction...

I just got the Microtouch One. It seems to be this exact model.

It's fairly heavy, so I would guess it is chrome plated brass? How can you tell?

I have one in the gun-metal finish. It is mild, but does pretty well. I keep it as a travel razor, so if it gets lost or damaged it's no big deal. I would buy another for the same purpose if I did lose it.

Well, from what I am reading here it seems to be one of the best El-cheap-o DE's you can get.

Try saying El-cheap-o with a Chinese accent.

Interesting. I'm asking because my girlfriend has a daughter that we've been trying to get away from cartridge shaving. Would this or the Parker 29L be a good razor for her to learn on? I was able to procure a Lady Gillette for my girlfriend for Christmas, but we want to make sure that it stays as nice as we can rather than it being dropped because of carelessness or something because of teenage distraction...

Possibly, though as I said, it can be tricky to shave with these because the blade angle has to be more spot-on to get the closest shave. Never tried a Parker. I asked my ex about razors, but she said Venus worked so well she wouldn't even bother trying anything else.

Last edited:

In my opinion, they shave very much like the Flare Tip Super Speeds. It's pretty great to be able to pick up up a brand new version for that kind of price.

Possibly, though as I said, it can be tricky to shave with these because the blade angle has to be more spot-on to get the closest shave. Never tried a Parker. I ask my ex about razors, but she Venus worked so well she wouldn't even bother trying anything else.

Thank you. We might have to try it out, then. The Parker, I mean.

I really would like to know why Chinese translations to English are so poor..."Chinglish", LOL...

"Inimitably rotate tang"...what does that mean?

Mild to the point that many will say it's useless, however as one of Mantic's video shows it is possible to get a close shave from it. You will need to be very patient and on the top of your game to succeed, I think. I use it for a single pass clean up if I feel I need a second shave in the day or if an extra pass with another razor will make me sore. In addition, I used it to safely practice blade buffing, J hooking, and the Gillette guide.

The original Gillette design is excellent, the manufacturing quality is fair to good, the materials used, not much better than poor. I would consider it a long term disposable.

Top Bottom