What's new

Weishi 9306 TTO DE Razor

Recently received my Weishi 9306, which I believe is the same head used by the Wilkinson Sword Classic. I was pleasantly suprised. I like the razor, it shaves well, providing an easy, close, comfortable shave with an intuitive shave angle. It is more efficient than the Gillette Super Speed, and the Baili BD179, about on-par with a Karve C/D, in terms of efficiency, but with more blade feel. The Weishi can be had with several different handle styles, handle lengths and colours (with or without the Weishi logo), including the same handle style as the Wilkinson Sword for about USD $10 delivered (including 2 tucks of Cloud blades); why have a Weishi rebranded as a Wilkinson Sword Classic, when you can have the original :) . The Weishi 9306 appears well constructed, tolerances are tight and the plating is flawless. I am not sure what the razor is made from — copper alloy and/or brass alloy — I have read on some posts. I can confirm, as others have reported, the only part of the razor that attracts a magnet is the TTO knob — not sure if that means anything though. The handle knurling is excellent; the blade is held securely; blade alighnment is accurate and the razor is well balanced with well judged weighting. The razor deserves to be more popular. All in all, terific value for a very good, medium aggressive shaver.

60D1D103-DB4D-4736-B7DD-D4643D50160B_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
I have the Van Der Hagen branded one. I would classify it as mild. It is a near perfect copy of a 1960s era Gillette Super Speed. I have heard there are some QC issues with this razor, but mine is quite good. Despite the low cost (I got mine for about $15 USD), I think it's quite a decent razor. It was my first DE razor and it will probably remain in my rotation for a long time.

I have a 9306 exactly like the one in your picture. It was given to me free with another purchase from one of our fine members here. I think it's one of the best inexpensive (under $15) razors out there. For a good cheap shave, only the Lord L6 beats it IMHO.

I have a 9306 exactly like the one in your picture. It was given to me free with another purchase from one of our fine members here. I think it's one of the best inexpensive (under $15) razors out there. For a good cheap shave, only the Lord L6 beats it IMHO.

I also love the Lord L6...both razors hit that sweet spot for me in terms of efficiency.

I have the Van Der Hagen branded one. I would classify it as mild. It is a near perfect copy of a 1960s era Gillette Super Speed. I have heard there are some QC issues with this razor, but mine is quite good. Despite the low cost (I got mine for about $15 USD), I think it's quite a decent razor. It was my first DE razor and it will probably remain in my rotation for a long time.

The Weishi 9306 that I have is definately more efficient than my Super Speed; even a tad more efficient than an R89 / D89, indeed it is very similar to my Red Tip. It maybe that the latest iteration has been tweeked or I have a rogue one :).

The long handle version of the Weishi 9306 has been my primary razor since returning to DE shaving 2 and a half years ago. Works well for me. Would rate it as middle of the road aggressiveness given blade exposure - definitely not mild. Have a recently acquired King C. Gillette razor that is definitely mild by comparison requiring adjustments to my shaving technique. Like and recommend them both.

The Pastor of our local church is going to retire and I am looking at either the Van Der Hagen DE or the King C Gillette DE as a retirement gift.

Which do you recommend or suggest?

The Pastor of our local church is going to retire and I am looking at either the Van Der Hagen DE or the King C Gillette DE as a retirement gift.

King C Gillette looks moore "GIFTY" if you understand me.

It's a Gillette (Muhle head actually but doesn't matter), a brand everyone knows, nice packaged and include the best blades available.

I suggest including some more of these blades in the gift pack.

The King C Gillette is positioned/packaged as more of a luxury product so would likely be the better gift. Note that the Van Der Hagen DE is just a relabeled Weishi 9306 razor. The Weishi long handle nostalgic would also be a great gift at a price similar to the Van Der Haagen.

The KCG sells for about $30 locally (Walgreens). The Van Der Hagen sells for about $18 at Walmart.

I broached the subject to Pastor Cal last Sunday and suggested he "dump the cartridge razor" to save money on blade refills. I think that I'll buy him the King C Gillette razor.

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I just received the exact same razor about a month ago. I agree with everything you said in your detailed review I've nothing more to add. Except brilliant review 👏.

I have heard reports of the 9306 razor being like this (the razor simply not working), and I am wondering if this is due to an old manufacturing run with QC issues. My particular copy seems fine.

For some reason Wilkinson changed “their” TTO to Weishi 9306-P not sure why though the short handle version looks better. But as travel razor its perfect for it’s price. I’m on vacation now and with good blade can give me BBS closeness in 3 pass shave.
IMG_4967.jpeg

Top Bottom