What's new

Weishi 9306 Safety Razor

I received My Weishi 9306 Safety razor with Yingjili blades yesterday in the mail so with my anticipation I prepped up for the shave shaved as normal as with my cartridge blades only to find a lot of bumps on my neck with redness . please be advised that I did not press on the razor, I let the razor Do the work with the proper angle so went wrong ? Was it the blades or my skin not being used to the first shave with the safety razor I have no clue because I am not a SME on this matter !

I would check first if the blade is aligned properly and the safety bars are straight. Poor alignment will almost always lead to a bad shave.
In terms of blades, I have no experience with Yingjili but it would help trying something tried and tested like Astra, Polsilver, Gillette Silver Blue, etc. A dull blade can also play a role in a poor shave.

And last but not least, if this was your first DE shave, it's also likely your experience is a case of user error.
This is something most of us went through at the beginning and it will drastically improve over time as you get better at it.

In terms of applied pressure, you will have a completely different perspective on what "no pressure" looks like after a few weeks of practice and honing your skills . For me, it took several months to really come get the concepts of pressure and angle and start getting comfortable shaves consistently.
Also, do not underestimate the importance of prepping your face for the shave and building a good lather.
The skin will also adapt to the new way of shaving and much less prone to irritation.

Hopefully your shave cream or soap lubricates properly.

Canned shaving cream lacks lubricants because most cartridge razors have lubricating strips on them.

Try a good cream such as Proraso or TOBS if you aren't already.

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
I would check first if the blade is aligned properly and the safety bars are straight. Poor alignment will almost always lead to a bad shave.
In terms of blades, I have no experience with Yingjili but it would help trying something tried and tested like Astra, Polsilver, Gillette Silver Blue, etc. A dull blade can also play a role in a poor shave.

And last but not least, if this was your first DE shave, it's also likely your experience is a case of user error.
This is something most of us went through at the beginning and it will drastically improve over time as you get better at it.

In terms of applied pressure, you will have a completely different perspective on what "no pressure" looks like after a few weeks of practice and honing your skills . For me, it took several months to really come get the concepts of pressure and angle and start getting comfortable shaves consistently.
Also, do not underestimate the importance of prepping your face for the shave and building a good lather.
The skin will also adapt to the new way of shaving and much less prone to irritation.

Hopefully your shave cream or soap lubricates properly.

Canned shaving cream lacks lubricants because most cartridge razors have lubricating strips on them.

Try a good cream such as Proraso or TOBS if you aren't already.

Great advice here. May I ask what cream you are using? If it's from a can, and that's all you can get, get Barbasol.

If you have the ability, do as DE Steve said and get something designed with traditional wet shaving in mind.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

That is my favorite razor, plus the Yingjili blades aren't too bad.
Maybe try COLD water rinsing after shaving? IT helped me a lot.

I would echo try a different blade, when I got my microtouch one(rebranded weishi) it came with some dorco blades that my face didn't enjoy and I switched to some Astra sp blades and my results were a little better. Also practice helps too. Others mentioned prep and covered it pretty good so I will mention your post shave is just as important get you some aftershave either splash, balm or both(I use both) after the shave rinse your fase with cold water then Pat dry. After that apply aftershave which disinfects the skin and calms it down making the rash and it irritation less.

I have tried Van de Hagen blades which I saw someone use on you tube that still left bumps and redness over my face , cannot find the blades that all on this forum that are suggesting ! I saw a lot of reviews of how to wet shave taking short stokes along with prepping ! As far as shave soaps I have been using Van de Hagen shav

I have tried Van de Hagen blades which I saw someone use on you tube that still left bumps and redness over my face , cannot find the blades that all on this forum that are suggesting ! I saw a lot of reviews of how to wet shave taking short stokes along with prepping ! As far as shave soaps I have been using Van de Hagen shav

A have a 9306 for a year and a half! During one year that was my all day razor! Today I'm more fixed on a Ming Shi 2000s... however I must confess that a like very much the Weishi. It gives great shaves... not as close as the MS2000s, my experience with the Weishi tells me that the efficiency in terms of closeness and irritations depends greatly on the blade. As the razor is very light is normal and many times automatic to make some pressure.
In terms of blades I had tried some... Wilkinson, Persona, Shark, Feather, Gillette Platinum and Gillette 7o clock. IMO the best blades for this razor are the Gillette Platinum or 7o clock.

Also, lather is of most importance... a good soap or cream will give half of the save (ok... a little less).

Van Der Hagen soap is good...VDH blades, however, are NOT. Check your local drug and grocery stores for some Wilkinson Sword Germany blades. You can also check for a local Sally's Beauty Supply and look for the Personna blades in the white metal 10-pack dispenser - they are excellent.

One other thing to try is using a steeper angle - put the bar on your face and then lift the handle until the blade starts cutting. It's the opposite of conventional advice, but it can give a decent shave with less irritation.

I'm 7 months in and still get irritation and spots from time to time. One shave will not make you an expert no matter how many videos you watch. Practice, practice, practice....and invest in some good balm!

+2! Excellent points! DE is a skill that takes awhile to acquire! For example, the concept of 'no pressure' is totally foreign for someone coming from the cart world! Keep at it and you will get there.

I received My Weishi 9306 Safety razor with Yingjili blades yesterday in the mail so with my anticipation I prepped up for the shave shaved as normal as with my cartridge blades only to find a lot of bumps on my neck with redness ....... I've just received the 9306L, it has a longer handle, they are nice razors, I think they make the micro touch and good if people don't want to chase gillette vintage ...... it came with a few blades from china "cloud" brand, so decided to put in wilkinsons and it shaves fine.... de blades are cheap even for brand names.

Having just gotten back into DE razors a couple of months ago now after 25 years of cartridges, if you get bad results around the neck / throat , I found it was angle, else these wish razors are great ...... think of the billions of shaves that were made with Gillette super speed and it's the same design .......

You will love the results you can get with some patience. I'm still working through my legacy can cream supply which doesn't lubricate as well as soap ..... if I try to do a second pass it sticks to the face so needs some water for a second pass ...... even $2.50 shave soap stick gives better result than the canned stuff .... I think I need a few whiskies one night and hide the cans so I forget where I hid them in the morning .... and just use shave soap.

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Folks, even the most expensive shaving goop in a can costs about the same as a Charbuck's latte. Barbasol in a can is under 2 bucks. If you have canned shaving goop and it doesn't work for you, please just give it to a kid to play with (but only when they are outside) and get something that does work. I promise you, the kid will enjoy it far more than you.

Why start a day with anything less than fun?

Top Bottom