What's new

WEISHI 9306 MODELS

WEISHI 9306 Series Razors

The Weishi 9306 razor is a Chinese-made razor sold under the Weishi name with several models and styling options. This is a list of all extant styles of the Weishi 9306 known at the time of this writing. The Weishi 9306 razor is also rebranded and resold by several companies, including as the Micro Touch One Classic Safety Razor [1] and the Van Der Hagen Safety Razor.[2] There is also some debate about whether the Weishi has also been rebranded or at least made in the same factories as the Mehaz razor[3] and the Timor razor[4] because of similar styling and materials.

9306-A
Finish: Gold
Material: Copper Alloy
Length: 3.5”
Weight: 65g

9306-B
Finish: Matte Gold
$61CYqVBkjoL._SL1200_.jpg

9306-C
Finish: Pearl Black (Mithril/Gunmetal)
$61h4Nu24Q9L._SL1100_.jpg

9306-C EL (Extra Length)
Finish: Pearl Black (Mithril/Gunmetal)
Material: Copper AlloyLength: 4.4”
Weight: 75g

9306-D and 9306-DS
Finish:Matte Gold (Alluvial) & Chrome
$61c2bC3dxrL._SL1200_.jpg

9306-E
Finish: Matte Chrome
Length: 4.4
Weight 65g

9306-E EL (Extra Length)
Finish: Matte Chrome
Length: 4.4”
Weight: 75g

9306-F
Finish: Chrome
Aluminum Handle
Weight: 55g

9306-G
Finish: Nickel Silver
Aluminum Handle
$315RNPXdrnL.jpg

9306-H
Same as 9306-F in a blister-pack without accessories.
Aluminum handle
View attachment 521181

9306-I
Finish: Bronze

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I moved the article out of wiki as this would almost need a complete re-write to standardize the information compared to other De pages in wiki. It would probably be easier to start again but the information is good so I did not delete it. If I get some time, I will do it myself.

Can someone confirm: Are the F, G, and H models really 10G lighter than the A,B,C, and I models? That seems like it would be a lot of plating. Which weight is correct 55G or 65G?

I love the Chinglish on the bottom pic packet.
"Inimitably rotate tang" and "needlessly load and discharge shaver" - I get a mental picture of someone opening and closing the doors and loading and unloading blades but not actually shaving with it.

I've got a 9306CL
It's a good razor and I know that if I'm pushed for time, hungover or just tired, I can just load a blade into it, shave on autopilot and get a good result.
I think the long handle and shiny black finish look ultra cool
$20160704_123755.jpg

I have the MTO version. It's a nice mild shaver. I don't use it as much as I used to, but still reach for it once in a while.

My son loves his Weishi Razor. Its really well made by the Chinese. The blade goes straight across on both sides & the blade gap is even on both sides as well. I shaved with it a couple times & found it to be a mild razor. :thumbup1:

I've got a 9306CL
It's a good razor and I know that if I'm pushed for time, hungover or just tired, I can just load a blade into it, shave on autopilot and get a good result.
I think the long handle and shiny black finish look ultra cool
View attachment 684171
I have this one. It's my travel razor. It's very nice looking. It shaves like a a super speed imho

For those who want to see the whole Weishi line, I think this is their corporate wesite:http://www.wd.com.cn/en/main.asp?alias=Copperfinerazor. Does anyone know definitively if the Timor/Giesen & Forsthoff razors are in fact made in China and not Germany? What is your evidence - other than that they look remarkably alike? I know there's a Golddachs TTO razor out there that a vendor claims is made in Germany.

i am going to say something bordering on blasphemous. I find the weishi long handle chrome razor more aggressive than my 50s super speed. It's true I don't have wire for my beard and I prefer milder razors. but I was shocked because I was expecting something that could do no damage. today on my third shave with it, I did a 1 pass shave with slight touch up and it is totally acceptable shave for me. this is with a merkur blade. maybe I just got some kind of freak from china. but this is my experience. been de shaving since late 90s....the ss is the smoothest shave I ever had. my mildest razor ever was the feather ds1. I think the weishi is comparable to the de89 for me. I believe the feather popular is milder. I know nobody ever says this. but I wanted to go on the record.

Which Weishi model is equivalent to the Van Der Hagen razor? Micro Touch?

Is it the 9306-F?

Are they exactly the same model or modified?

I've read the Micro Touch is made cheaper?

Last edited:
Do Weishi razors still come in the blue box? Mine did, and though the razor crapped out after 6months, I still use the box. I have not acquired a razor yet that does not fit in that box. It's great for travel...

i am going to say something bordering on blasphemous. I find the weishi long handle chrome razor more aggressive than my 50s super speed. It's true I don't have wire for my beard and I prefer milder razors. but I was shocked because I was expecting something that could do no damage. today on my third shave with it, I did a 1 pass shave with slight touch up and it is totally acceptable shave for me. this is with a merkur blade. maybe I just got some kind of freak from china. but this is my experience. been de shaving since late 90s....the ss is the smoothest shave I ever had. my mildest razor ever was the feather ds1. I think the weishi is comparable to the de89 for me. I believe the feather popular is milder. I know nobody ever says this. but I wanted to go on the record.

Agreed!! Mine isn't that mild either... its not R41 like by any means but it does have a bit of bite... and yes, everything is straight and in proper working condition (nothing mis-aligned)... glad I'm not the only one that thinks that. My Lord Tech and Gillette SS are definitely smoother/milder....

Which Weishi model is equivalent to the Van Der Hagen razor? Micro Touch?

Is it the 9306-F?

Are they exactly the same model or modified?

I've read the Micro Touch is made cheaper?

They all look very similar, but I think the 9306-F is the closest design to Van Der Hagen
The Micro Touch One is perfectly adequate, but it's definitely made on the cheap, if you shake it when the doors are open, it rattles - my Weishi 9306CL doesn't

My first razor was a long-handled 9306. Fit and finish are very good, shave is mild, but not as mild as people on here led me to expect. It has decent heft, the doors open and close as they should and stay closed, and you can get a good shave with it.

I now use my Maggards V3 most of the time. But every once in a while I get out the Weishi and never get a bad shave with it. I'm considering a PIF, but I can't really decide if I want to let the Weishi go. You know what they say about your first...

I've had both the Micro Touch and Van Der Hagan. The Van Der Hagan has notches on the side of the center bar while the Micro Touch doesn't. It also feels more aggressive than the Micro Touch (and to the Edwin Jagger Kelvin). Yet following the above link to the Weishi site ( Foshan City Shunde WEIDA Industrial CO.,LTD ) and going to products, under razors is one that not only looks like the Van Der Hagan but also the blades that come with it.

Possibility different Weishi have different aggressiveness? I'm considering getting another Micro Touch just to compare the two.

Top Bottom