What's new

WEISHI 9306 MODELS

I'm looking for an affordable Butterfly razor. I gave my Feather Popular to my brother as it was too mild, and he went straight back to his Mach 3 "couldn't get a decent shave from that thing" he said. I'm not into aggressive razors ( my R41 has not been let out of it's cage for months) and am happy with a DE89/34C level of razor, or perhaps a small step up. The Weishi is cheap and cheerful pricewize. Where does it fit in with the razors mentioned above?

In my opinion, the Weishi 9306 is most similar to the 50s/60s flair tip super speeds. The shave is very similar. The 40's style SS are a bit more aggressive, the 70's style SS are a bit milder. I've not tried the blue or red-tipped variations.

I've got no complaints about my Weishi, though I've moved on to other things (no fault of the 9306, I just like playing with new toys!). If you don't mind wading through ebay and dealing with used razors, I'd personally rather have the Super Speeds, but otherwise the Weishi 9306 is a good choice.

I'm looking for an affordable Butterfly razor. I gave my Feather Popular to my brother as it was too mild, and he went straight back to his Mach 3 "couldn't get a decent shave from that thing" he said. I'm not into aggressive razors ( my R41 has not been let out of it's cage for months) and am happy with a DE89/34C level of razor, or perhaps a small step up. The Weishi is cheap and cheerful pricewize. Where does it fit in with the razors mentioned above?

There aren't as many choices in new one-piece razors as there are in three-piece ones, but I'd put the Weishi probably slightly below the DE89 for aggression, but I like it better than the DE89. Another nice option, and beautifully finished, is the Baili BD179 TTO. Just search for BD17 razor on eBay and you'll find it. There's a chrome and a rose gold finish in those. Again, a fairly mild but efficient razor, and this one completely encloses the blade tabs at the end and comes in a very nice travel case.

There are also some Parker TTO razors, but I've never used one.

I believe you're in the UK, so you might want to look out for a vintage Gillette Rocket/Rocket HD or an Aristocrat Junior. TTO razors don't get much better than those.

Thanks CC. Had my eye on the Aristocrat for some time but it's hardly budget here in the UK. That Rocket looks nice too. Will look into the others. The Parker is easy to find and reasonably priced but i'm leaning towards saving up for a vintage. I've been using a Merkur 34c for 7 months straight and fancy a change.

It's the 9306-F. I have it.
I realize this is an old thread but I had to add my 2 cents. I have the Van Der Hagan and I would agree, very similar shave to a 60s flare tip. I normally use a 47 SS or 48-50 SS but I keep the 9603 in the rotation. I am considering another 9603 in gun metal. I like that look.

That's what I said ... In brass finish lol

I hope it works out for you. I did eventually get the Gun Metal finish 9306, short handle. It is a couple grams heavier than the chrome short handle and seems to me to shave a bit better but only just a bit.

So, bumping this oldie as it's one of the best sources of information on the many forms the 9306 comes in.

I might've stumbled on a previously undocumented (at least on this forum) variety, the 9306-L. The handle is completely different from the other 9306 models, and much better looking, in my book; however I haven't been able to find any other information yet.

1606538014366.png

Good catch! I was going to say "but too bad, that post doesn't say anything specific about the razor".

Then I got searching again, and I realized the 9306-L is nothing else but the Wilkinson Sword TTO. edit: wait! that would be the 9306-P, the L model looks like it has a slightly different handle version than the P.

Oh well...

BTW the write-up that got me on the right track (by mistake: the 9306L in that post is supposed to be a Ying Jili, not a Weishi...), was this one:

It's not an entirely honest post, I'm guessing, and that's sad, but it does contain some interesting information.

Last edited:
I did wonder about the Wilkinson Sword TTO Classic, it has a long handle and is therefore heavier but the handle is a little different. Perhaps Edgewell asked Weishi to change the handle of the 9306-L a little to throw everyone of. :001_unsur

8FA053DB-B542-42D9-AB0B-B566F84262D9.jpeg

I’ve been told this is a Weishi razor. My wife bought it at Walmart and it came with a wire stand and a tuck of Dorco blades. Can anyone confirm?

My 9306 doesn’t shave at all. Like it doesn’t have a blade. Completely useless. My VDH copy does shave, but not all that well. Neither is in my rotation

Top Bottom