What's new

WEISHI 9306 MODELS

I did wonder about the Wilkinson Sword TTO Classic, it has a long handle and is therefore heavier but the handle is a little different. Perhaps Edgewell asked Weishi to change the handle of the 9306-L a little to throw everyone of.

The P looks the same as the Wilkinson TTO to me, however I've read that that razor has a tendency to rattle.

I'm not sure whether this can be chalked up to QC hiccups, or if indeed Weishi builds different razors to different standards.

Weishi has a storefront on the local Amazon, and their price is about twice that of a Wilkinson, so ...maybe?

I’ve been told this is a Weishi razor. My wife bought it at Walmart and it came with a wire stand and a tuck of Dorco blades. Can anyone confirm?

Weishi can be often recognized from other Chinese razors, because of the distinctively shaped side plates on which the doors hinge. This detail is not visible in the picture you posted, but the handle looks like it could be a Weishi's.

Knock-offs of Weishi might exist, too, but if you bought it from Walmart, that's probably a non-issue.

The Weishi 2003 looks much like the 9306, but the first is made of aluminum and thus is much lighter, while the latter is made of brass and has a better reputation as a shaver.

9306-F
Finish: Chrome
Material: Copper Alloy
Aluminum Handle
Length: 3.5
Weight: 55g

I have bought three 9306-F over the years and all of them weigh around 64g - the handles are made of brass - so this information seems outdated.

The newer Weishi head in general seems to have positive blade exposure and I found them to be even a bit more efficient than my Mühle R89 - it definitely can bite, so better be used with a light touch.

I don't know about the VDH or MTO versions (I'm from Germany) - so maybe they have a different head geometry.

Here's the link to Weishi's website and a model overview.

The Wilkinson TTO is a Weishi 9306-P (someone in this thread mentioned the knurling was made to throw people off, which is unlikely).
The 9306-L has the better knurling imho - would be nice if they made a short handled version of it.

Last edited:
The newer Weishi head in general seems to have positive blade exposure and I found them to be even a bit more efficient than my Mühle R89 - it definitely can bite, so better be used with a light touch.
I don't think there is newer and older. I have more than 16 Weishi razors. At least half of them are TTOs. They just make both the positive exposure and the almost zero exposure at the same time. I have bought a Weishi 9306-D branded as Yintal that had pretty good (for me) positive exposure. Ordered the very same razor from the same seller and in one month received it but it was with zero exposure. Same thing happened a few months later with the 9306-E (matte chrome). First razor with bigger exposure. Reordered from the same seller. Second matte came with almost zero exposure.

Top Bottom