What's new

Weirdest place you have cut yourself that is not your face or head

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this could be a "fun" thread to hear some stories of where people have cut themself on a razor that is not your face nor your head, if you are a head shaver. Maybe it was in a place where it will make us wonder how you accomplished that. It is not a thread to gloat in someone else's misfortune though, or maybe it is.

I am a fairly new wet shaver (only 5 months or so) and sure I have had my share of face cuts starting out. For me the only real cut I have received outside my face has been on my index finger on my left hand. My razor was laying on the sink and I was re-lathering and of course I brushed my hand across the DEs up-facing edge and there it was a nice clean cut that took me a while to get healed. As they say though no pain no gain. What is your battle wounds? I was going to say show us your battle wounds, but that may not be tasteful.

Being curious as kid, when first experimenting with DE Razor I tapped blade with finger, yes it was sharp. Bled like butcher pig.

Today even some knives come with LAWYER LABLES, WARNING BLADE IS SHARP.
See when we were kids you learned. Nowadays you are not allowed to.

I've sliced a finger or two, but I think I've got very thick skin on the pads of my fingers and haven't had a real blow-out bleeder. The worst cut was my ear lobe, sliced by the razor bringing it around to shave the back of my head. It took 10 minutes to stop the bleeding.

Not sure I would call mine "weird".

Nose: I came in high and hard with my Gillette Tech and drove the blade into the rim of my nostril. At the time I was on blood thinners so it bled pretty good.

Ear: Got careless with a Sedef barber razor and sliced into the lobe. It wasn't bad, but there was a lot of red stuff running down my neck.

20230419_161536.jpg

Not sure I would call mine "weird".

Nose: I came in high and hard with my Gillette Tech and drove the blade into the rim of my nostril. At the time I was on blood thinners so it bled pretty good.

Ear: Got careless with a Sedef barber razor and sliced into the lobe. It wasn't bad, but there was a lot of red stuff running down my neck.

View attachment 1640936
Now that looks like it hurt badly.

Like a few others on this thread, cut my earlobe once. So. Much. Blood. I thought the sink would be tinged pink forever. Worse - I was staying at my sister's house at the time, and had to explain why I needed her cleaning supplies (although once she saw my ear, she understood).

Me: as an early shaver back in my teens, I took a painful chunk out of the middle of my top lip with a plastic Bic.

My son: This past December, one son mistakenly left his DE blade on the gray hand towel on their sink counter. The other son, not seeing the blade, dried his hands with the towel resulting in a laceration from the webbing of the finger to the palm. No muscle, tendon, or vein damage, but some loss of feeling in one finger.

Me: as an early shaver back in my teens, I took a painful chunk out of the middle of my top lip with a plastic Bic.

My son: This past December, one son mistakenly left his DE blade on the gray hand towel on their sink counter. The other son, not seeing the blade, dried his hands with the towel resulting in a laceration from the webbing of the finger to the palm. No muscle, tendon, or vein damage, but some loss of feeling in one finger.
That's an awful injury.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I’ve had the usual accidents: ears (when I shaved the old man ear hair, nose, ear lobe.

Now, you might need your decoder ring, but I “manscape”. I also shave right after a shower and manscape in the shower with a Gillette Body razor.

I shave in the nude, probably because I’ve been tracking my weight loss since January of 2022 and started wet shaving i the the middle of February that year and looking in a mirror keeps me honest and motivated.

That sets the stage for the most blood I’ve ever drawn from a shaving accident. I even called in my wife and asked her to help me clean up the floor as I cleaned the sink and surrounding area. It turns out, as good as a man can get was too close with a new Body cartridge. <eg>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom