What's new

Weirdest fragrances

Apart from Yatagan, Caron Pour un Homme has a very unique smell (nowadays, back in 1934 when it came out maybe not).

Salvador Dali Pour Homme is one of strangest scents I have encountered. Very dark and incense laden, with a burning metal (nearly coppery like blood) bacjground, this is very gothic, nearly satanic. Very odd Dali-esque bottle too, with inredible longevity.

Would you qualify A*Men (Thierry Mugler) and its special editions as a weird fragrance? The scent is heady and kind of peculiar IMHO. I used to love it a lot (euphemism) when I was in my twenties, now that I am getting older I guess I am just bored with it.

My weirdest (not in a negative way) fragrance that I currently own is Tom Ford Tuscan leather, that is when I first apply it. The dry down is awesome and always leaves me craving for more. I'm not sure if this scent is universally liked or not.

No, for me is a very out of date smell, but many people consider it as a masterpiece, and I respect the fact that it is in the market for 80 years!

That's why I asked. People say good things about it, but with "materpieces" I'm never sure if I'll like them or not.

Mississippi Medecine, by DS &Durga is described BY THE MAKER as:

"Based on the rituals of the proto-Mississippian death cult of the 1200s. Native birch tar, viola, & white spruce grounded in incense & cypress root."

What does this even MEAN? Anyone ever tried it?

800 year old death cults, JUST what I want to smell like.

Apart from Yatagan, Caron Pour un Homme has a very unique smell (nowadays, back in 1934 when it came out maybe not).

Yatagan smells like a myriad of scents launched during the years it was launched. I assume spicy concoctions were in fashion during the early 70s.

Pour Un Homme is mainly lavander and vanilla with some cigarrette ashes in the top notes thanks to recurrent reformulations, I guess. I have a bottle dating from the late 70's, top notes are more in line with normalcy. The ashes are simply absent.

Yatagan smells like a myriad of scents launched during the years it was launched. I assume spicy concoctions were in fashion during the early 70s.

Pour Un Homme is mainly lavander and vanilla with some cigarrette ashes in the top notes thanks to recurrent reformulations, I guess. I have a bottle dating from the late 70's, top notes are more in line with normalcy. The ashes are simply absent.

:glare: I'd be lucky to get the cigarette ashes. Mostly just choking, powdery, old-lady-in-sunday-best lavender, with a hint of vanilla in the heart. I'm actually hesitant to try Yatagan if this is what Caron does "pour un homme"

Weird is quite a subjective thing, but I guess my own favourite is Paco Rabanne Ultraviolet Man. To a millennial it reminds (or might) what it was like to be growing up in futuristic y2k driven world of the dotcom bubble.

Top Bottom