What's new

Weird lather idea

I'm bored of the lathers of all soaps and creams being white. Why hasn't any manufacturer thought of making a soap that makes a lather of some other color instead? Or is there a technical limitation with soaps that they only produce white suds? :)

I'm bored of the lathers of all soaps and creams being white. Why hasn't any manufacturer thought of making a soap that makes a lather of some other color instead? Or is there a technical limitation with soaps that they only produce white suds? :)
You can always add some food coloring to your lather.

Razorock Black Bay resembles thick pea soup (from bay laurel)! Some people enjoyed the novelty, others were a bit put off by it. It loses some color when it is lathered, as you can see.

Screenshot from 2020-12-27 11-50-16.pngScreenshot from 2020-12-27 11-51-58.png

Because lather is mostly air and water (optically neutral with a - very - little soap thrown in). Regardless of the color of the soap, the lather will be lighter. Much. Some soaps, like Stirling's Haverford or B&M's Lavanille, are extremely dark and produce a slightly darker tinted lather. Others like GFT's Violet will be a more distinctive color, as will your brush.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Extro Cosmesi Pirata is a cranberry red and the lather is a reddish pink. Goodfellas' Smile Abysso soap is blackish gray and lathers like a dove gray color.

Simply not enough color in respect of the soap surface so it stays light.
OTOH if it was dark blue and your skin after it also would you like it?

Meissner Tremonia Strong'n Scottish is dark brown and makes a (light) tan lather. Warning: the scent is not for everybody.

GFT Rose cream will color a brush, maybe less so then Violet but still

Because lather is mostly air and water (optically neutral with a - very - little soap thrown in). Regardless of the color of the soap, the lather will be lighter. Much. Some soaps, like Stirling's Haverford or B&M's Lavanille, are extremely dark and produce a slightly darker tinted lather. Others like GFT's Violet will be a more distinctive color, as will your brush.

proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

+2! And a good lather with tons of air and water is precisely what I want!! :a29:

Top Bottom