What's new

weird Astra superior stainless blades.the Czech ones!

Today i found in a local shop some astra superior stainless blades.The blister pack seemed new but it was printed on it "made in Czech republic".
Are these astra superior stainless different to the ones made in Russia?
What do you know about them?Is there any possibility of being a copy of the older blades but made in China?
These are the blades i am asking for...http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/67938-Three-different-Astra-Superiors...the last ones in the photo.

Thanks guys...

I wouldn't be able to resist grabbing them to see if they're any good. If they're the real deal, they'd be NOS and that kind of stuff is always cool to find.

Tilemaxos...I wonder if they are like the Czech Tiger Blades ,originally made at the Czech Razor Blade Co. ,and today made in Russia?...Perhaps these were made at the same factory in Czech Republic ,I know of only one factory.

$Rhtor4[1].jpg$Rhtor3[1].jpg$Rhtor2[1].jpg$Rhtor[1].jpg...these are the blades i am talking about!!!

If they're as good as the Russian ones AND a good price - win/win
If they're no good, they're still a nice thing to have as a curio - win/win !!

I don't like the russian ones so i hope these are going to be better.If they are on par with the green astras then i might like them but anyway i'll keep them.

There is a link between the Astra brand and the Czech Republic. There have been at least a couple finds of Astra Trac II compatibles from there. Tryablade lists Astra DE as originally made there but now in St. Petersburg. It appears that whatever central European brands Gillette acquires, such as Wizamet's PolSilver from Poland and Prago Union's Astra from the Czech Republic, the production gets moved to the gargantuan Petersburg Products International plant in Russia.

I have some of those old Astras as well. They are great blades for me but I don't use them hardly ever- just being NOS and not available.

Those are the blades I started my DE journey with in 1990. Of course they were still made in Czechoslovakia at that time since the country devided in 1-1-'93. They were/are really nice and I still have a few left that I use from time to time. No copy, this is the real (NOS) deal and for me so much nicer than the current Russian production which I dislike a lot. Another nice Czech blade to check out if you can lay your hands on them are the NOS Nacets from the same factory.

Tilemaxos...I wonder if they are like the Czech Tiger Blades ,originally made at the Czech Razor Blade Co. ,and today made in Russia?...Perhaps these were made at the same factory in Czech Republic ,I know of only one factory.

I doubt that they are from the same factory but I am not really sure either. The Astra's and Nacets were Gillette brands and AFAIK made in Prague while the Czech Blades company is situated in Jevíčko.

I have a tuck of the same Czech made blades. Packed in plastic. It's horrible. Just horrible. It's worse than Tiger, also from Czech Republic. I had to discard it almost as soon as I started my shave.

By the way, where are the Astra Stainless usually made? Russia?

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I have a tuck of the same Czech made blades. Packed in plastic. It's horrible. Just horrible. It's worse than Tiger, also from Czech Republic. I had to discard it almost as soon as I started my shave.

By the way, where are the Astra Stainless usually made? Russia?

Yes Russia. Petersburg Products

In my opinion, these are the worst blades I've ever tried. Can't cut any hairs. Tugging badly, very harsh. Swapped it out after 3 strokes.
If a newbie started out wet shaving with these blades, he'll go back to cartridges immediately. Could happen actually since Astra blades are highly recommended for newbies.
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Top Bottom