What's new

Weeper Record

How many shaves ago was your last nick, cut or weeper?
What is the longest number of shaves you have gone without a nick, cut or weeper?

I say "shaves" instead of days because some people shave seven days per week while others are once or twice a week shavers.

I gave myself a weeper on the last stroke of my first pass this morning, just above the adams apple. I think I was thinking of grabbing the brush for pass #2 before finishing pass #1, kind of like a shortstop trying to throw the ball to first base before he completely caught it. I "rushed" it.

Oh well. I got to thinking as I pulled out the styptic that was probably the first weeper I've had in a month or longer. I typically shave six days per week so that's about 24 or more shave without a mishap.

So, how long ago was your last mishap and what is the longest you have gone, approximately of course, unless you are inclined to keep a spreadsheet of such things.

proxy.php

But then again, I'm still a newb.

I'm with phrogpilot73.

I'm going through a huge sampler pack and trying new blade types frequently. I'm hopeful once I settle on a few blade types that I can go for blade longevity and blood-free shaves.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I shave every day an give myself a weeper on average about once every 5 weeks. I use the same razor/blade (alternate 2 blades) almost all the time.

Four shaves ago I was using Polsilver SI blade instead of my normal Astras or Sharps. Wasn't paying close enough attention and nicked myself on the jawline.

I'm a head shaver. Best run with head shaves has been 21 shaves in a row. I don't think I have ever had a weeper or a nick on my face in 6 months of using a DE (probably about 120 shaves). I'll throw in the caveat that I wear a circle beard, so I've only shaved my entire chin and upper lip once with the DE. I usually only do a single WTG pass, with the occasional XTG second pass. I've only done ATG 2 or 3 times on my face.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I gave myself a weeper on the last stroke of my first pass this morning

Same here, right on the corner of my mustache. I just pushed things a little too far. It was only a pinprick, though. I didn't even notice the thing at first. Beyond that, this morning's shave was one of the most comfortable I've had yet (still pretty new).

Being new, a weeper is not at all uncommon, but it also isn't always present. I've yet to give myself an honest to goodness nick or cut, though (and I have now doomed myself to bleeding out tomorrow morning).

TL

I got a weeper this morning using a twin-blade disposable. It waa my first one in 25 years. I was probably being careless because I was having too much fun making shaving cream in the mug as I went along.

newbie here and I am at 2 shaves without...but I have a spot on my neck that feels like one. I didnt put talc on before my tie though so that is probably why. I do 2 passes at most for now but my nicks stopped when I swapped from Derby blades though. not a big fan.

I'll mess up about once a week. Some weeks just a weeper, some weeks I'll catch a razor heel or toe and do a bit more damage.

At least 12 but I don't remember beyond that. Still new, working on the samplers and that is how long I have been using Merkur (3 blades). Not terribly sharp but forgiving. Good shaves with no nicks or weepers. Next up tomorrow is my first time with Bic.

I just started 7 days ago, got my first weeper on the first shave, and none of it on the last 6 shaves.
Off to a great start.

I proply get one every 2 or 3 weeks. Mostly some blemish rough spot. It's been months (nock, nock) since I really cut myself.

I just started and have only shaved three times DE. I got 12 weepers on my neck with Feather in a DE89 and 0 on the other side of my face and neck with the DE89 and Personna.

Top Bottom