What's new

Weekend 'deal' on Baracuta Harrington jackets in the UK

So the G9 jacket arrived today from Stuarts. Took a chance on sizing up to 48 but unfortunately it is too big and it will have to go back and be exchanged for a Size 46. This means additional shipping charges but in the overall scheme of things, even with the additional shipping, the jacket is still a decent deal just not as good if I had ordered the correct size. Oh well. 🙄

On the Mason & Sons front, I did receive an email today once again apologizing for the abysmal customer service. They informed me that the refund has been processed (which was confirmed by PayPal).

But in addition to this apology, they indicated that in an effort to make amends for the debacle that was this transaction, that they would be sending a complimentary Peach Beach shirt (listed at $158) to make up for the poor customer service. I had previously inquired about this shirt which is a reproduction of shirt McQueen wore in The Thomas Crown Affair.

This is the shirt:

View attachment 1296344

View attachment 1296342

View attachment 1296341

View attachment 1296343

If they in fact deliver on that offer, that is quite generous. Now if they also sent Faye Dunaway and the Meyers Manx dune buggy, that would be exceptional customer service.
View attachment 1296347
😀😎
I've read that the G9 runs small. I generally wear a 48 suit jacket. If you don't mind me asking, is 46 your normal jacket size?

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I've read that the G9 runs small. I generally wear a 48 suit jacket. If you don't mind me asking, is 46 your normal jacket size?

Yes (although just a bit large but
44 won’t do it).

The G9 comes in 2 different cuts. The Archive, which provides a roomier fit or the Classic, which is a slimmer cut.

If you are a 48, then a 48 in either cut should be fine.

Most places sell the Classic cut while the Archive is offered at Baracuta’s website.

Also, the G4 is not an elasticized along the bottom of the jacket nor at the sleeves which provides for a looser fit.

If the G4 had been offered at the sale price and in color I chose, I would have purchase it instead of the G9.

Last edited:
Yes (although just a bit large but
44 won’t do it).

The G9 comes in 2 different cuts. The Archive, which provides a roomier fit or the Classic, which is a slimmer cut.

If you are a 48, then a 48 in either cut should be fine.

Most places sell the Classic cut while the Archive is offered at Baracuta’s website.

Also, the G4 is not an elasticized along the bottom of the jacket nor at the sleeves which provides for a looser fit.

If the G4 had been offered at the sale price and in color I chose, I would have purchase it instead of the G9.
Thanks for the help and explanation!

Atom Retro has 40% off today only BAR40.

I bought a jumbo cord G9 in wine from them a while ago at about half price. Service was excellent. They have lots of retro styled gear. The G9 that I got is fall/winter weight so won’t be used for a couple months yet but it looks good. Sadly not one of the models that includes the retro pin that looks like an old Peugeot logo. Now I am looking for one of those!

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Best to all who have acquired their G-9s. FWIW for those with size issues, I always order mine a size up, as I like them to blouse a bit.

I have two G-9s. One is about forty years old, and while showing its age, still looks smart. The other is its replacement for when I need to look really spiffy. (Did I actually say, "spiffy?")

Plus, I have a G-9 cut jacket in wool from Ben Silver--a great late autumn transitional jacket. All are navy.

Love them all, save for the pockets, or lack thereof. Wish they had more of them, and that they were more capacious. (The Italians spoiled me with all their pockets.)

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Best to all who have acquired their G-9s. FWIW for those with size issues, I always order mine a size up, as I like them to blouse a bit.

I have two G-9s. One is about forty years old, and while showing its age, still looks smart. The other is its replacement for when I need to look really spiffy. (Did I actually say, "spiffy?")

Plus, I have a G-9 cut jacket in wool from Ben Silver--a great late autumn transitional jacket. All are navy.

Love them all, save for the pockets, or lack thereof. Wish they had more of them, and that they were more capacious. (The Italians spoiled me with all their pockets.)
I am with you on pockets! That is why 99% of the time I throw spiffiness to the wind and put on the Barbour Beaufort instead: two warm lined pockets for my hands, deep pockets for dog biscuits, flashlights, etc., and even the capacious game pocket as a backup.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I am with you on pockets! That is why 99% of the time I throw spiffiness to the wind and put on the Barbour Beaufort instead: two warm lined pockets for my hands, deep pockets for dog biscuits, flashlights, etc., and even the capacious game pocket as a backup.
My wool G-9, made in Italy, has ample-ish pockets.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I love a Barbour and have two, the first is a sage Border wax about 25 years old and still looks like new - superb quality. The second is a black Barber International Motorcycle wax with a Union Jack lining which is newer and is incredibly cool - almost too cool for me 😁 Generally, I find the older Barbour jacket to be better constructed and superior quality; sadly true of many brands in my experience.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Atom Retro has 40% off today only BAR40.

I bought a jumbo cord G9 in wine from them a while ago at about half price. Service was excellent. They have lots of retro styled gear. The G9 that I got is fall/winter weight so won’t be used for a couple months yet but it looks good. Sadly not one of the models that includes the retro pin that looks like an old Peugeot logo. Now I am looking for one of those!

So tempting to pull the trigger on a navy G4 but then I would seriously have to have my head examined. :lol:

The package for the pin warns that it may leave marks on the jacket. I may actually put on my denim jacket instead of the G9.

I tried going up one size but the sleeves were a bit too long and the length was also too long.

I throw spiffiness to the wind and put on the Barbour Beaufort instead:

I have a Lightweight Beaufort that is probably 20 years old with the hood attachment. A great, functional foul weather jacket.

Last edited:
Top Bottom