What's new

Week of Monsavon: Nov 16 - Nov 22

Yeah, truly enjoyable and great results to boot!!

I've read you went ASless so to say, Nicholas...
I love my *** much too much for that, but it IS true that the Monsavon has great lubricating/moisturizing properties, the former leading to great irritation-free shaves and the latter to soft and smooth cheeks!! :ladysman: I even manage to get away with just Hydrosol this morning, go figure!

Oh, BTW, Michael, your soap was posted in the same batch as Gene's so I'm pretty sure it'll be here very soon, by Wednesday at worst.:bored:

I have a feeling this is gonna be a GRRRREAT week :biggrin1:
C_J

I want to play, too, but mine has not had time to arrive quite yet. :sad:

(Not implying that it is C_J's fault, just sad that I didn't order in time to get it before MS week.)

Im definitely looking forward to receiving my couple from C_J :D

One puck is definitely going to be packaged up and tucked away in my cupboard for a special occasion!

The other is going to be used in rotation to good ole Proraso! Cant wait! This should be a great way into Tallowlicious shaving!

I liked this shave so much, I may repeat it throughout the week.

66 | 3/1 | Monsavon | Pinaud Bay Rum | Arlington ASM
proxy.php

Last edited:
proxy.php

Monsavon SS ~ Plisson European Grey Badger (size 8) ~ Gillette Slim @4 / Gillette 7O' Yellow ~ Brut Alaska AS

Guys, if you can get grips on this one and cope with high-alcohol content, the Alaska is definitely a great complement to the Monsavon.
A match made in heaven.:001_wub:

Now let your comments roll :biggrin1:
Have a nice day!
C_J

Day 2:

monsavon
Merkur 38R
Gillette Swede
TBS Synthetic brush
L'Occitane ASB

I had to hurry. I couldn't have my coffee. I only made one pass, but wow; another great shave!!

I LOVE Monsavon. I bought mine on Corsica back in Nov. '07. I think it was like 2 Euros.

I hadn't shave since Friday, hoping to get Monsavon, in yesterday's mail..It was not to be..Unable to take it any longer, I grabbed the Institut Karite this morning, and shaved until I was satisfied....:biggrin1:

Enjoy your gear,
Julian

Last edited:
proxy.php

Excellent setup, excellent shave.
Damn this stuff works like a charm! And to think I spent all these months with such a wrong impression of Monsavon...
:a52:

I'm so sad. I haven't gotten mine yet, but, of course, I ordered extremely late and probably got one of his last tubs. Guess my week will have to be postponed.

I have to thank C_J once again for getting this for us. It's a great soap and one I'm glad I didn't miss out on. My first shave with it this afternoon was extremely nice - nice lather, beautiful scent, very smooth.

Yet another soap in my regular rotation (after the week of Monsavon of course).

DAY 3:

Merkur 38C
Polsilver
TBS synthetic brush
monsavon
L'Occitane ASB
L'Occitane EDT

Amazing lavander goodness.

Shaves appear to be improving upon perfection each day. My face feels like a million bucks.

Another great day with the MON! I even made it completly though a third shave with my Feather blade! I think this is a combination of a great soap and my new slant. It seems like I use way less pressure and strokes with the slanted motion! I may even be able to use the blade for a fourth shave...I have yet to be able to do even three. It seems like my blades just deteriorate quickly! Maybe not anymore.....My stash of blades just got alot larger!

Tuesday, without a picture, was the same as Monday. Tonight's say will likely be the same as Tuesday and Monday. Studying for an exam, but later in the week I will review the soap in depth.

Mine just arrived today, the shipping was very fast so my first Monsavon rasage will be tomorrow morning - thanks Cookie!

R

rum

Got mine on Tuesday and today was my first shave day since Tuesday. Used the Monsavon and it lathered-up a treat. Very fresh, coconut smell with hints of almond and lavender. Went on nicely and worked up a very fluffy lather, as you'd expect from a tallow soap.

Can't believe how soft the soap is, but it sure is tallow based. You can tell from the lumps in your shave brush when you go to wash it all out.

Irritation-free shave. Finished with Lotion Opaline and topped with Cade balm, both of which I am using often so that I can use them up.

NB: No photos or SOTD from me I'm afraid as the camera is on loan!

Yeah, truly enjoyable and great results to boot!!

I've read you went ASless so to say, Nicholas...
I love my *** much too much for that, but it IS true that the Monsavon has great lubricating/moisturizing properties, the former leading to great irritation-free shaves and the latter to soft and smooth cheeks!! :ladysman: I even manage to get away with just Hydrosol this morning, go figure!

Oh, BTW, Michael, your soap was posted in the same batch as Gene's so I'm pretty sure it'll be here very soon, by Wednesday at worst.:bored:

I have a feeling this is gonna be a GRRRREAT week :biggrin1:
C_J

You were right on my man. It did show up Wed. I have it and will begin my week on Friday. It's my birthday weekend and I will be doing it right with Monsavon. Thanks Cookie!!!
-Mike

Top Bottom