What's new

Week of injector aftermath.....

So after such a fantastic week of 7 consecutive Injector shave...Just what was your first shave afterward...Did you keep the injector thing happening or did you run back to your DE's....Ha.Ha....

I was anticipating at least a few more days of those perfect Schick shaves... But whats this??....Here I stand '52 Super Speed in hand...LOL!!!

Actually I do average about 70 percent injector with a little DE thrown in for spice...:)

Today's shave

Hot Shower
Arko Shave Stick
Omega 10029
1952 Super Speed, with Black Tip and steel handle...
Rapira Super Stainless (Day1)
Arko Aqua AS splash....

And this SS rose to the call and delivered a perfect BBS, a couple weepers, but an excellent shave...in 2 passes plus touch up...The weepers are only from J-Hooks (the injectors spoiled me in this regard..:)...But for a razor that's every bit of 3 years older than the Schick I used last week, this guy gave a suprisingly great shave...LOL...
Great shaves everyone....Stay in touch

Last edited:
Last week I was wondering which razor to use next when I stumbled on the "Injector Week" thread. My decision was made for me!! :thumbup:

I tried a Schick Adjustable that I picked up a couple of months ago and hadn't tried out yet. It was as gentle and predictable as I imagined it would be . . . but even with the adjuster wide open it never progressed from "mild" to "wild" as I had hoped it would.

Saturday morning, SWMBO trimmed the back of my neck and gave me a neck shave. (Isn't she sweet??) I had her use the Injector, but she wasn't able to shave as close with it as she does with my other razors.

Since that was my last injector blade, I grabbed my B-4 Super Speed (birthday razor) this morning to start this week's fun!

While experimenting with the Wilkinson Sword Empire razor, I got totally out of synch with last weeks injector shaving. Owning three, one NOS leaving, two useable, I was behind the eight ball to begin with.

Remedy, I bought a C2 last night. Hopefully I can get it up a running. Apparently the end caps for the blade holder is stuck. I really hope I can free it up.

So for today's shave I went with my Schick E2. I pulled the trigger on Trigger, my Vie Long horse hair brush. Coupled the brush up with Truefitt & Hill Trafalgar shaving cream and aftershave balm. DFS

Better late than never:biggrin1:

A friend of mine found this beat up old Tech at an antique store in Texas awhile back while visiting his daughter and gave it to me. I loaded it with a vintage Schick Plus Platinum this morning and got a great shave.

This old razor was obviously someones daily driver and I just can't help but wonder who the Texan was that it belonged to first...

proxy.php

Today's Shave was with my Trac II:

-Omega Trac II handle /w Personna Blade
-Omega 20mm Boar Brush
-Queen Charlotte Sandalwood
-Dickinson's Witch Hazel
-Gillette Cool Wave AS

The Trac II can be counted on for a close, no fuss shave. :w00t::w00t:

I returned to my 1912 Damaskeene, with QCS Rose, post-shave alum, Thayer's Rose, English Leather A/S.

I had to adjust my technique from getting into the injector groove with two weeks spent with my Schick G-type. I had a little trouble getting a BBS on my upper lip, so I stopped at CCS. But the Damaskeene delivered. :thumbup1:

But I really liked the injector.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I returned to a 40's SS with a used Gillette 7 O'clock Green. May have been the used blade, not the best shave, but not bad either. The Injector has certainly raised the bar! I will continue to use my various DE's for a while , but I look forward to GEMini!

I gave my 1961 Slim a go today. It was set at "4" and loaded with a drug store branded Personna. I got a very smooth SAS. I used my usual VDH Glycerin and Boar brush. I will open the Slim to "5" tomorrow.

Went back to the Gillette British #66.

Need to get the new blades in before playing with the other injectors and had a few days' growth to get under control.

Preferably without a bloodletting. :001_smile

I actually shaved with one of my Schick Kronas and a Shark SS blade today. I'd been using SE and injectors razors almost exclusively since the first of the year, so I've decided to spend the time between now and the start of GEMini event reacquainting myself with those peculiar DE methodologies. I've picked up some pretty nice DE razors in the past 3-4 months that I've never used, so I'm going to give those a whirl before returning to the SE ranks.

Injector week was fun. Let's make it a month- or year-long event next time, shall we?

I'm having a hard time getting consistent shaves from my Hydromagic, so I'm torn between toughing it out another couple weeks and retreating to my nice safe 40s SS.

I was getting great shaves with my Hydro-magic, but I still retreated to my 40's SS...LOL
I find mixing it up between My '52 SS, Schick I2 and 65 Gillette Adjustable, keeps my face surprised with a bouqoo of great shaves...

Last edited:
I am starting to get back into straight razors, so here was my setup for today:

-Parker Shavette
-Lord LP1822 w/ Gillette Super Stainless (1)
-C.O. Bigelow SC
-VDH Premium Badger Brush
-Generic Witch Hazel
-Gillette Cool Wave AS

Did just a WTG pass with the Shavette, as I am out of practice, and didn't want to butcher my face. It turned out really well. Just a couple small cuts to my upper lip. Finished the shave with WTG/XTG passes with the DE. Excellent quality shave overall!

Last edited:
Congrats on the great shavette shave...I hear if you can get a bloodless shave with one of thoses that a regular Str8 is a piece of cake...
I got a great shave yesterday with my Super Speed but maybe too close, because after my 1st pass today I was a little sore...but not clean shaven...So I retreated to my Schick...Did another pass and had perfect results...I think I might do: A Year or Two of The Wonderous Schick Injector!!...LOL...

Last edited:
Well, since this was the 1st time I tried an injector, I am going to stick with it for a bit. I liked it that much, so much so, that my slim is just laying there all lonely and forgotten.
Maybe when this blade wears out.

Well, since this was the 1st time I tried an injector, I am going to stick with it for a bit. I liked it that much, so much so, that my slim is just laying there all lonely and forgotten.
Maybe when this blade wears out.
Know what you mean...my Slim might be abit lonely aswell, but what can I say...My Schick knows how to treat a man...LOL...at least how to treat a man's face...:) I think I might be sticking with this Injector, if things continue like this, for the better part of the next 20 years or sooo....LOL

Last edited:
Top Bottom