What's new

Wee Scott

IIRC, there was a thread about the Wee Scot that said it was like a final exam for Simpson brush makers, that to make a good brush at that scale was extremely difficult and if you could do so, you would be qualified to make any brush. That thread's around somewhere, just can't find it. Oh, and it was my first brush ever!

IIRC, there was a thread about the Wee Scot that said it was like a final exam for Simpson brush makers, that to make a good brush at that scale was extremely difficult and if you could do so, you would be qualified to make any brush. That thread's around somewhere, just can't find it. Oh, and it was my first brush ever!
I read that somewhere too, but it was about something called the Wee Scot Nano (or similar IIRC). It's even smaller than the standard Wee Scot.

I got a Wee Scott a few months ago, and it's smaller even than the toy brush I got my kids as part of a toy shaving set. It's too small for me for everyday use (and I'm no giant, let me assure you). It gets hard to hold as it requires closer flexion, or a more precision hold, to grip it. It's less like holding a door handle and more like wielding a screwdriver.

That said, it has its uses, such as lathering off the top of soap sticks, building lather within a shaving cream tube (almost) and proving just how much more useful are the "standard" sized brushes.

I have a Wee Scot that I use for travel. I use it with a shaving stick and face lather. It is a great travel brush as it is small, light and dries fast. It also makes enough lather for a full 3 pass shave with enough left over for touch ups. If I could only have 1 brush, it probably would not be the Wee Scot, but it is a dang nice travel brush. I travel a lot so I will use mine anywhere between 100 and 175 mornings a year. I have had it for a couple of months and it works just fine.

Last edited:
i LLLOOOOVVVEEEEE my WS !! it is one of my favorite brushes , yes it is tiny , but it lathers well and holds lather well for its size !! also a nice brush if you have a beard or goatee and wanna be more precise with your lathering

This picture shows the WS in relation to a couple other brushes (L to R: WS, Simpson Special, Omega Green and Gold Lg., Custom Silvertip 24mm). While diminutive in size, the WS still packs quite a lathering punch. Would I bowl lather with it on a daily basis? No, but for those soaps coming in smaller containers such as Klar Seifen, or Cella, its great. Not to mention, as many have, its an amazing face latherer. I say, for the money its an all around great brush.
proxy.php

Had one, didn't like it. It's useful for maximum 2-passes if you face lather by my standards of what makes a good shaving lather. I'm in the minority though since lot of people like it. I think it would be a better brush if it were about 50% bigger. And for the $40 price, you can get yourself a Vintage Blades Finest Badger these days, or a Simpson Special.

Had one, didn't like it. It's useful for maximum 2-passes if you face lather by my standards of what makes a good shaving lather. I'm in the minority though since lot of people like it. I think it would be a better brush if it were about 50% bigger. And for the $40 price, you can get yourself a Vintage Blades Finest Badger these days, or a Simpson Special.

Gotta love the YMMV disclaimer that gets thrown around like crazy. I suppose this is also the proper forum for a "different strokes for different folks" cliche lol.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I use my Wee Scot, but it is kind of unfulfilling for me after growing accustomed to the scrubby fullness of my Semogue 830.

It definitely does the job no doubt, but it's like sleeping on the sofa while the king sized bed with 1000 thread count sheets goes unoccupied. Just my opinion of couse and YMMV. However everyone needs one just to have :lol:

No, I wouldn't say the Wee Scot is merely a "novelty" brush. I got one to use as a travel brush. It fits perfectly in a standard salt shaker of the kind to be found on the counter of any diner, which keeps it safe and allows it to dry.

I use it from time to time at home, too, and it does a fine job of whipping up a lather on my face or in my palm (horrors!).

No, I wouldn't say the Wee Scot is merely a "novelty" brush. I got one to use as a travel brush. It fits perfectly in a standard salt shaker of the kind to be found on the counter of any diner, which keeps it safe and allows it to dry.

I use it from time to time at home, too, and it does a fine job of whipping up a lather on my face or in my palm (horrors!).

Welcome to B&B [MENTION=110900]pjust[/MENTION]! Check out the Hall Of Fame and introduce yourself. Great to have you here. The salt shaker is such a great travel case. :thumbup:

Top Bottom