What's new

Wee Scot vs Savile row 3118

So, got my package from QED today......As always the best of the best from them. Hooked me up with a few free samples to go with my SR3118, GeoT Lime, and TOBS. As you may or may not know the Wee is one of my favs for a long time now. Ive always wondered about the 3118 though, and without a good side by side pic available that I could find, I figured I just better get one! So, if anybody wondered the same heres a side by side shot of them.

$photo (4).jpg

It appears to be a very nice brush, just as the other SR's ive owned. I dont understand why the SR's dont get more play than they do. They are second to no brush manufacturer out there imo. I like the nick name too.....Bambino. the Bambino is gonna be broke in tomarrow with the GEo Limes cream.

When I first joined, Savile Row was mentioned a heck of a lot, but you don't see the name that often anymore. I'd get one if I knew more about the specific models.

I got a Wee Scot a while ago and I'm so glad I did. What a fantastic brush. The 3118 looks nice too, I may just have to give one a try one day.

Considering I like softer tips, it's a no brainer for me - SR all the way over Simpsons Best. I have no reason to complain from my 3722 - same feel and behaviour like Shavemac Silvertip with a slightly denser knot.

For those of you who do have the "Wee Scott" how many passes do you normally get from one load?

I just got my Wee Scot last week. I can also get more than enough for 2+ passes. If I needed a third pass it wouldn't be a problem. My only complaint is that with such a tiny handle, you are getting lather all over your hand; with soft water it can get very slippery. Either way it's a very novel experience.

Yeah 2+ easy with the Wee. The first use of the bambino this morning, blew me away. Super soft tips, handle feels about perfect. I believe 3+ passes easy in the bambino. This is the first brush ive owned where I felt the "gel like" tips people talk about.....I wasnt expecting that type of softness honestly. What a great first shave for the lil fella!!! I will post some money shots this week sometime, if anybody would be interested in seeing the 2 side by side.

gunterbr, Ive had wee for years now, and if I had known how soft and just the perfect amount bigger than the wee, I wouldve owned one years ago. If your a small brush lover, you cant go wrong with this one! id recommend it in a heartbeat.

The Wee is a great brush, but I wouldn't make it my daily brush. It's way too small for me. I've got an SR3824 and I love it. I use it almost every day.

Top Bottom