What's new

Wee Scot Roadshow

The roadshow has brought the Wee Scot coast to coast!

Attachments

• $WSRS Google Map.jpg
    $WSRS Google Map.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 236
@Brian - Keep in mind, I don't think that Bambino is fully broken in yet. I only used it once, and the guy I got it from only used it a few times before that and he switched to something else. Don't judge all boar brushes by this one example. And try and give it several wet/dry cycles while you have it, so it gets more bristle-splitting done in the next few days.

We had been kicking around the idea of a WS Group Buy, and it seemed to have fizzled out. I went and picked up the ball and e-Mailed beginish, the Mod of the Shaving Brush forum, to ask about the policies and procedures to organize a Group Buy. He had some questions about the rationale for having a Group Buy for a commonly stocked product. So I guess we can just drop the idea, unless someone can think of a way to make this WSGB "special and unique."

PS: In the meantime, I picked up a used one on the BST, but if a Group Buy comes down the pike, I'd probably get another, so I have one to use and one that's NIB for the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be clear, a Group Buy does not have to be "special and unique", but there should be be a very good reason to do so. Why? They typically involve the transfer of a fair amount of money to a member here, who will coordinate ordering and communications with both the supplier and the membership, deal with any customs issues for an international buy (which this would be), and then ship the product to the members. Sometimes a vendor will coordinate the ordering and the shipping, but in the case of a commonly stocked item like the Wee Scot, it is very unlikely that a vendor would undercut their own sales and profits. So based on the response above, I can only assume that this is just a bulk order of the standard stock, and not something like a novel handle material, different hair grade, etc. If not, just send me a PM.

Thanks, Drew, for the opportunity to try the Wee Scot and thanks to DPM802 for the inclusion of the Bambino. The brushes are on their way to ironbrewer as of this morning.

Both brushes performed very well. I still haven't decided whether I'll be sending my vintage Wee Scot back to Simpson for a re-knot so that it could be put back into service. The current production Wee Scot performed very well, which wasn't too surprising to me as I have several Simpson brushes and really like the Best grade of hair. My only wondering and concern was the size of the handle. I found it easier to use than I thought it was going to be, but I still haven't decided whether I'd enjoy using it on a regular basis. At this point, I'm strongly leaning towards getting it re-knotted, and I'm even thinking about getting the three-band Super grade of hair in it. I think I'll wait to see whether I miss it and let that be the determining factor ... We'll see ...

That is a wonderful line up of small brushes.
Is your butterscotch Wee Scot the notorious #1?

Wim

Thanks! I don't know if the one I have is the Wee Scot #1. I thought the #1 was even smaller, but I can't seem to find any pictures of the two next to each other.

@Brian - Keep in mind, I don't think that Bambino is fully broken in yet. I only used it once, and the guy I got it from only used it a few times before that and he switched to something else. Don't judge all boar brushes by this one example. And try and give it several wet/dry cycles while you have it, so it gets more bristle-splitting done in the next few days.

It definitely got better, but it still has some breaking in to go. I think I was most surprised by the difference in the feel between when it was wet and dry. It softened up a lot just by getting wet, which I'm accustomed to with some two-band badger brushes I have, but the difference was much more pronounced. In any event, I think I'd like to try another boar in the future.

Just got the Wee and Bambino today. I'll try them out and ship em off. I thought I was prepared for how small they are, but Nope. They are tiny. I didn't shave this morning in anticipation of getting them today. So I shaved with the Wee already. It is a nice brush, but may be a bit small for me. I need to try it a couple more times though.

Shipped out to Gogo today. Thanks for letting me try out the stuff. I added some shaving cream samples in a 7 day pill container.

Received the brush last night! Thanks to all the comparison photos I wasn't shocked by the size but it is awfully small.
I'll add some pictures soon. I'm looking forward to my turn.

Jim, can you tell is more about the samples you generously added?

Sorry I was out of town since Monday. I flew out to Sacramento and road a 250 cc motorcycle back to just north of Denver. The samples are of Shaving cream I have made. They are just 7 samples I randomly picked. Sorry, but I was in a rush with working, getting ready for my trip, and family stuff. I didn't document what scents I threw in at all.

So here's our touring hero with some new friends he's made:

Left to Right: Rooney 1/2 Finest, 2009 Kent B&B LE, Omega 49, Rooney Heritage 2XL, Vie Long 13061

I have news that another brush is planning to piggy-back on our powerful Wee Scot. More news to come!

So here's our touring hero with some new friends he's made:

Left to Right: Rooney 1/2 Finest, 2009 Kent B&B LE, Omega 49, Rooney Heritage 2XL, Vie Long 13061

I have news that another brush is planning to piggy-back on our powerful Wee Scot. More news to come!

Is it the Rooney Heritage 2XL? :tongue_sm

I bought my own Wee Scot from the BST a few weeks ago, and now I can't find it.

Don't Cry for me, Argentina ... but I'm shedding more than a few tears as I frantically search for my little wonder-brush.

Top Bottom