What's new

Wedding Shave

My youngest son is now married. I now have 3 of my 4 sons married off. It was a lovely ceremony. He's a good man & I'm proud to be his father. I selected the following kit to shave with. I chose the English Tech because I gave him one a few years ago.

English Fat Handle Tech
Nacet
Ethos Lavender
M&F #3 Finest
Thayers
TSD Bourbon & Vanilla

What did you shave with on your wedding day or the wedding day of one of your children?

IMG_2775.jpg

In 1993 when I got married I was already ten years into DE shaving, but back then it was a very frugal shave. I did not know about the variety of soaps available, and aftershave didn’t interest me.

My wedding day shave consisted of:

1980 plastic handled Gillette Tech
Schick blade
Gillette Edge gel

That’s it. And it was a great shave as always! (And still happily married!)

FB805A5B-DE73-43E2-84DF-C388F9184F9F.jpeg

Last edited:

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations, David! Truly a momentous and wonderful day! :)

When our son and his wife were married in 2017, I was still using my Merkur Progress, Astra blade, Frank 21mm Pur-Tech Synthetic brush, Proraso Green soap, Original Stetson AS and Original Stetson Cologne.

I’ve got a wedding on the horizon myself (my own!) so i’ve thought about what i’ll end up using. Moreso what aftershave since it’s the only thing my finace’ will really notice on the big day.

Before my wedding—Braun electric, series 7 I believe. I hadn’t yet discovered the wonders of traditional wet shaving. Regrettable to think how many awesome shaves (and razors!) I missed out on.

This was my wedding day shave in 2012. I’m pretty sure my original sotd post is still around.
Razor is an ivory le grelot I had custom made for my wedding.
Dr Harris lavender
With a tobs shaving brush.
Straight razors cufflinks were a wedding day present for me to wear from my wife.
018D8B30-22F0-465C-B728-6B218FF0DF84.jpeg

CONGRATULATIONS!! :a5::a5:

Guess that I used a cart on our wedding day.

But I was so nervous that I forgot most everything except to say, ‘I do!’

Congrats @dmshaver and a very appropriate scent profile for a wedding day. My wedding was in 1986 and it was a Gillette Trac II, Edge shave gel and probably no aftershave. My oldest girls wedding was a surprise wedding, so I didn't plan for it, wore jeans and a flannel shirt and have no idea of my ablutions for the day.

Congratulations, David. A proud time for you and your family!

I probably used a 2 blade disposable w/ canned foamy style cream. Many years ago! :)

I got married about 7 years ago. I wasn’t keeping a Shave log, but I’m going to venture a guess:

Merkur 38r sledgehammer
Gillette swede
Proraso green cream
Proraso boar brush.
Floid blue aftershave (I know this for a fact)

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
Congrats, David! Happy for you.

On my wedding day, I shaved with a Mach 3 and Menscience shave gel — those were the dark days before I discovered traditional shaving.

Czech and Speake Oxford and Cambridge on my wedding day + RR synthetic brush and RR Baby Smooth DE with an Israeli Personna blade.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
My wedding was in 1973, and I can't remember what I had for lunch two days ago. But for my children's wedding I shaved with my regular daily equipment. Seems like a good time to go with something tried and true.

I remember it was a really warm day, of course we were in Houston in November.
I used:
My grandfather's Gold Ball End Tech
Total Shaving Solution Shave Oil
Gillette Lemon Lime foam
Eternity by Calvin Klein

I remember it was a really warm day, of course we were in Houston in November.
I used:
My grandfather's Gold Ball End Tech
Total Shaving Solution Shave Oil
Gillette Lemon Lime foam
Eternity by Calvin Klein
Very special to have your grandfather's razor, congratulations! On the razor & wedding!!!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am nearly certain it was a "Gillette Good News!" And some canned foam. Maybe British Sterling aftershave/cologne?

Top Bottom