What's new

Wedding Day Shave

Kyle said:
Excellent post/questions!

6. What aftershave would you use?
Lately I have been really enjoying the combined use of witch hazel with Proraso post. Also, anytime I'm wearing a collared shirt, I also dust on some Pinaud Shave Talc. The talc would also adequately kill any head or face "shine" and would make we a little more photogenic.

Interesting choice Kyle. I love Thayers witchhazel im out of it , its a crime really that its not being sold anywhere in the Netherlands. I have a Muhle order comming in anytime with Proraso post-pre glass jar. I was thinking would the proraso pre-post mix well with the thayers mixed up in some 2oz atomiser ? like
a little tea spoon of pre-post mixed with thayers ?

1. How many days (or hours) growth would you ideally want on the morning of the shave?
1 days growth

2. What razor would you use?
Gillette Aristocrat

3. What shaving cream or soap?
Trumper Coconut shave cream

4. What blade would you use?
Feather

5. How many days of previous use would the blade have or would you use a new blade?
0 days

Harris Milk

7. What cologne?
Spring & Summer: Miller Harris Citron Citron or Aqua di Parma
Fall: Floris Vetiver
Winter: Floris Sandalwood

8. Are there any other sacred shaving rituals or products you would include?
Moss Scuttle

SSLStudio said:
...I was thinking would the proraso pre-post mix well with the thayers mixed up in some 2oz atomiser ? like
That should provide for a very interesting experiment. If you go through with it, I'd be interested to hear the results.

NMMB said:
Mitch,

I don't know if that is a encouraging comment for the "wedding day shave" thread. Ah, hell... I'll just take it as a challenge! :001_smile

Oops--good catch on my faux pas--I just wasn't thinking! I formally withdraw the above comment, and declare that it never happened!:biggrin:

SSLStudio said:
I was thinking would the proraso pre-post mix well with the thayers mixed up in some 2oz atomiser ? like

I doubt it, but its certainly worth trying. The pre/post is really pretty thick stuff--almost a cold cream consistency, which I just don't see mixing well with the Thayers. But let us know how it works if you try it!

mrob said:
I doubt it, but its certainly worth trying. The pre/post is really pretty thick stuff--almost a cold cream consistency, which I just don't see mixing well with the Thayers. But let us know how it works if you try it!

Like Mitch, I don't think that you would have much luck mixing the pre/post with WH in a bottle. My method of combining the 2 is to apply a little of the pre/post to my face/neck (as a post) and then splash some WH on my fingers as I rub in the cream. As a side note: I really like the combination of Thayers lemon with the pre/post.

I remember when I got married, that morning I shaved with my Schick Injector,
my Noxzema lather cream, a cheap brush, and I wore Aramis edt.

Jeff

NMMB said:
Like Mitch, I don't think that you would have much luck mixing the pre/post with WH in a bottle. My method of combining the 2 is to apply a little of the pre/post to my face/neck (as a post) and then splash some WH on my fingers as I rub in the cream. As a side note: I really like the combination of Thayers lemon with the pre/post.

Yup--my method is a tad different (I spray the Thayers--I have decanted it into a small spray bottle/atomizer--on my face, then rub a small dab of the Proraso between my hands and then rub it into my face. I tried the Proraso once w/o the Thayers first, and it was really difficult to apply and took forever to absorb), but I think produces similar results. The moisture from the Thayers helps spread the Proraso more easily.

My 2 cents. . .

mrob said:
Yup--my method is a tad different (I spray the Thayers--I have decanted it into a small spray bottle/atomizer--on my face, then rub a small dab of the Proraso between my hands and then rub it into my face. I tried the Proraso once w/o the Thayers first, and it was really difficult to apply and took forever to absorb), but I think produces similar results. The moisture from the Thayers helps spread the Proraso more easily.

My 2 cents. . .
That is exactly how I use the two products.

1. How many days (or hours) growth would you ideally want on the morning of the shave?
1 days growth

2. What razor would you use?
Merkur HD

3. What shaving cream or soap?
QED Sandlewood

4. What blade would you use?
Derby

5. How many days of previous use would the blade have or would you use a new blade?
0 days

C & E Sandlewood ASB

7. What cologne?
Brooks Brothers 1818 or B&B...Tough Decision

That being said when I got married 8 years ago I used Edge Gel Sensitive formula and a gillette sensor...god I wish I found traditional wet shaving sooner...

Top Bottom