What's new

Weck Wednesdays

Well, now that I know this thread is here...I'll see you all next week!
Great! Our numbers are growing. Pretty soon they got to create a Weck category in the forums. Okay, so I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyway, welcome to Weck Wednesday @Saxonbowman. Couple of rules here:

1. got to be a Weck format blade. Can use a vintage Weck blade, Personna, Sally, or others (Feather Cut can be used too, but only if you have to).
2. Can use the Weck Safety Razor or any straight razor that takes the Weck blade. If you know of any other safety razor that used the Weck blade, you got to tell the rest of us about it!
3. Enjoy your shave!

From the old ad that Feather-man posted, it appears to be a Nurse's Prep which they describe as slightly smaller than the Medical Prep. Bob's Weck does appear to be around the size of the hair shapers but definitely looks a lot better built. As always, Bob found a rarity among rare razors.

Thanks for the info. Pure dumb luck on my part - I really had no idea what I was buying. It appeared to be in good condition and the price seemed reasonable.

Are all the ones with toothed guards hair shapers, or were there some open comb models for shaving?

--Bob

Thanks for the info. Pure dumb luck on my part - I really had no idea what I was buying. It appeared to be in good condition and the price seemed reasonable.

Are all the ones with toothed guards hair shapers, or were there some open comb models for shaving?

--Bob
There are a few OC guards but they are few (and something I want to own!) Just make sure that the teeth curve away from the blade and not under the blade.

Great! Our numbers are growing. Pretty soon they got to create a Weck category in the forums. Okay, so I'm getting ahead of myself. Anyway, welcome to Weck Wednesday @Saxonbowman. Couple of rules here:

1. got to be a Weck format blade. Can use a vintage Weck blade, Personna, Sally, or others (Feather Cut can be used too, but only if you have to).
2. Can use the Weck Safety Razor or any straight razor that takes the Weck blade. If you know of any other safety razor that used the Weck blade, you got to tell the rest of us about it!
3. Enjoy your shave!
Thanks for the welcome! No harm with this thread being here but you might get more visibility in the "Clubs and Brotherhoods" section. Then you would have Blue Monday, Tech Tuesday, and Fatboy Friday for company!

Has Weck Wednesday faded already? Not for me. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

Weck Sextoblade
Personna hair shaper blade (3)
Fine Angel Hair synthetic brush
Chiseled Face Groomatorium Ghost Town Barber soap & aftershave

My second Weck arrived just in time for Weck Wednesday. This one seems to be more aggressive, and indeed the blade gap between the edge and the guard appears to be larger. The blade seems to be smoothing out a bit at its third shave. Today's shave was super close with only a couple of weepers.

--Bob

Weckdate: Wednesday June 7th 2017

Weck Prep shave today. When you have only one Weck you have to show up with what you got.

Shave 3 with the Weck hair shaper and the Edge Ahead by Fromm blade. Pretty satisfying with almost no irritation. Still can't do ATG on my neck. That requires me to shave straight right to left which is pretty difficult for me with this wide blade.

full

Hello all,

I've checked out the bay on and off for several months trying to find a Weck that was in decent shape for a decent price. Bad timing was usually the name of the game until I ran across this a few weeks ago.

proxy.php

A friend sent me some Personna blades for it, and today was my third shave on it. @Sdm84 mentioned that you guys have a Weck Wednesday going so I figured I'd give it a go today. Between the WSP shaving cream and the Weck I was in shaving Nirvana.

proxy.php

Hello all,

I've checked out the bay on and off for several months trying to find a Weck that was in decent shape for a decent price. Bad timing was usually the name of the game until I ran across this a few weeks ago.

proxy.php

A friend sent me some Personna blades for it, and today was my third shave on it. @Sdm84 mentioned that you guys have a Weck Wednesday going so I figured I'd give it a go today. Between the WSP shaving cream and the Weck I was in shaving Nirvana.

proxy.php

Welcome to the weck side Eric! As usual your choice of product is impeccable! Nice looking razor :)

Weckdate: Thursday June 8th 2017

Had a Weck Thursday today. If I had some Hai Karate on hand I'd have to fight off the women wanting to rub my face. Instead I will have to just succumb. A Weck shave is that good.

Top Bottom