What's new

Weck Wednesdays

Neither. I got the "Edge Ahead by Fromm" which say "Teflon Coated Japanese Steel" on the box. I still haven't tried them yet.
proxy.php
Damn, we have a nice variety of blades in the Weck format! I intend to try them all

Another outstanding Weck Wednesday shave with the plastic handled Sextoblade and no guard. The supporting cast today was SV Felce Aromatica and my softest brush, the Whipped Dog Silvertip. Copious amounts of lather at the perfect consistency for straight razor shaving. I think I prefer the plastic scaled Sextoblade to the heavier all-metal medical Sextoblade.

Applying alum to your face and felling zero sting is very satisfying,

Went with MWF, an old-timey soap to complement the old-timey razor, the Weck Hair Shaper/Bantam.

I have been using longer straights exclusively over the pas few months and the little Weck felt a little cramped. I had no trouble with the shave, and did not need to resort to using the guard. Wonderful shave, and the blade still seems to maintain its buttery smooth edge without intervention (i.e. stropping).

Weck Medical Corps Sextoblade today (with guard).
Good outing but found it hard to get every little spot as smooth as I'd like.

Weck medical sextoblade today. Middle of the first week of school- this great shave started off my day right :)

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weck Wednesday on a Tuesday

Woke up on time, but forgot I had to drop the Jeep off at the garage for an oil pan change, so I had no time to shave or prepare a lunch. I did walk the dog though - he should never get penalized for my lack of planning.

Time for a Dry Shave! The big Weck single-edge surgical prep razor is tailor-made for dry shaving. Great control, sharp blade, and cuts a wide strip of stubble in one pass. No pain, no irritation, and I made it in to work not looking homeless.

Weck Wednesday on a Tuesday

Woke up on time, but forgot I had to drop the Jeep off at the garage for an oil pan change, so I had no time to shave or prepare a lunch. I did walk the dog though - he should never get penalized for my lack of planning.

Time for a Dry Shave! The big Weck single-edge surgical prep razor is tailor-made for dry shaving. Great control, sharp blade, and cuts a wide strip of stubble in one pass. No pain, no irritation, and I made it in to work not looking homeless.

Never tried dry shaving with mine but it makes sense. Nice save (shave?) this morning!

I managed to remember it was Wednesday so used my “straight on a stick” instead of my Straight this morning.

10 shaves in on the personna blade and it keeps getting better and smoother!

Woke up late again (no surprise), so I needed a quick yet effective shave. Being Weck Wednesday, there were a few clear choices, but since I was in the mood foe a straight shave, the heavy stainless guarded Wecprep got the nod. I don't think it's possible to cut yourself with the guard installed. I have the comb guard, which comes with the medical razors, rather than the bar guard that comes with the regular Sextoblades. I tweaked mine to get just the right gap I like, and it works well.

Some people call a straight with a guard like showering with your clothes on, but I liken it more to a motorcycle with three wheels. like the Bombardier BRP Can-Am Spyder Roadster

Woke up late again (no surprise), so I needed a quick yet effective shave. Being Weck Wednesday, there were a few clear choices, but since I was in the mood foe a straight shave, the heavy stainless guarded Wecprep got the nod. I don't think it's possible to cut yourself with the guard installed. I have the comb guard, which comes with the medical razors, rather than the bar guard that comes with the regular Sextoblades. I tweaked mine to get just the right gap I like, and it works well.

Some people call a straight with a guard like showering with your clothes on, but I liken it more to a motorcycle with three wheels. like the Bombardier BRP Can-Am Spyder Roadster
I like your motorcycle analogy.

Do NOS Wecprep's like yours show up often? I have the current Personna Classic Hair Shaper and the Personna Flare -- I don't know how they compare to the real thing.

Checking in- Weck medical prep today- I keep thinking this is the last shave on this blade, and I am proven wrong again.

How many shaves do you guys get on your PTFE personna blades?

Do NOS Wecprep's like yours show up often? I have the current Personna Classic Hair Shaper and the Personna Flare -- I don't know how they compare to the real thing.
I've never seen a NOS one other than the one I won. Used ones in pretty amazing shape show up often. I bought one on eBay for a buddy as a Christmas present for $5 last December and he has only used it 5x, much preferring his real straights to replaceable blade straights :( I understand though.

To me, the Hair Shapers feel very different due to the stubby length. They're cramped and hard to go ATG without my hand getting in the way (touching skin).

Gentlemen, I have been following this thread with great interest and have been inspired to pull the trigger on my first shavette. A Strong Leopard 74-A. While hunting for my Leopard I also bagged 5 unicorns... NOS "PERSONNA single edge prep razor handle" Has anyone got any experience/info on this particular razor? It resembles a Weck. The vendor has 4 more boxes of 5 new old stock razors per box. Go to Ebay and type "Personna 74-0004" into the search engine and it will take you straight to 'em, eh? You can also find Personna single edge med prep blades if you type "Personna 74-0001" into Ebay's search engine or into Google. Google will show you where to buy 'em from medical/scientific supply outlets. You can also type "wecprep blades" into Google to find those too. These are the vendor's photos. personna2.jpg personna1.jpg personna4.jpg personna3.jpg personna5.jpg

I just realized I never posted my WW shave from a few days ago. I did a random draw and shaved with the Sextoblade "Trade Sample Not For Sale". I like the weight of this razor better than the stainless one, but I suspect that's only a placebo effect. It shaves better too ;-)

Top Bottom