What's new

Weck SE razor (not a shavette)

Hey all, thought I'd take a moment to show off my Weck SE safety razor. Made by the same company that makes the Weck Sextoblade shavette, and it takes the same blades. For those in the know, these blades are like GEM SE blades, but they a wider (see below) so that makes this a really wide razor. It's a beast to look at.

The shave from this razor is spectacular. The Personna hair shaper blades are great, so getting a BBS is failry easy. This razor does have it's hangups though. It's size makes it quite cumbersome around the neck, chin, and especially the upper lip area. XTG clears that up easily though.

I think these are pretty rare, as I've only ever seen a couple of them. But if you are a fan of the Weck shavettes, it might be worth searching for. You've already got the blades for it, after all.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The blade is loaded in a similar fashion to an injector, but you just push it in manually.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Here is is with a Gillette NEW for size comparison.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Never seen one of those, kinda Cobra-ish.
Funny, I just got a loaner Cobra in the mail yesterday. I had to put off shaving with it a day so I could take the Weck for a spin. Tomorrow's shave will be the Cobra. If you can believe it the Weck is even bigger than the Cobra, the Weck's blade is wider too. But the Cobra is heavier.

Interesting razor. When was it made? Looks fairly recent.
No idea, I haven't seen any information on it. I'll be looking though.

**EDIT**

Apparently it is a Hospital Prep Safety Razor from the 1930s.

Last edited:
I have owned one of these for quite some time. They usually appear on everyone's favorite auction site every once in a while. There is another super rare Weck hoe type safety razor. I have only seen one, and it sold for around $260.

Did you happen to get vintage Weck blades with it. If so are the vintage blades the same width and length as the modern blades?

Yes the vintage blades (I do have some) are identical in size to the modern hair shaper blades. Personna and Fromm are the common brands of blades and you can get them at Sally Beauty. I saw one other Weck that looked similar but had a much narrower head. Looked like it would take a corn razor blade. Is that the one you're talking about? There is also a German WECK razor out there that is a Merkur type razor, but that is a different WECK.

Yep, I usually get my blades from Sally's Beauty Supply. The other Weck I was referring to is NOT the corn razor type. It takes full sized hair shaper blades. If I find any photos, I will post them here. Like I said, it is very rare razor.

I guess these are more common. It looks like brand new, but I haven't shaved with it. The nice thing about it is that if a tune pops into my head while I'm shaving, I can "Whistle while I Weck".

Attachments

• $weck.jpg
    $weck.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 375
where do you get razors for it?..yea long shot..ohh..Personna hair shaping blades?
Yes, Personna or Fromm hair shaper blades.

I guess these are more common. It looks like brand new, but I haven't shaved with it. The nice thing about it is that if a tune pops into my head while I'm shaving, I can "Whistle while I Weck".

That is a rebranded Merkur. That WECK is a different, unrelated, company by the same name.

I bought mine for $9 shipped on eBay. There was one in the past that I missed bidding on that sold for $6. Sooo, not much really.

Nemo,

Let me know if you are wanting to get rid of it maybe we can work out a trade or I can start looking for spare change in the couch cushions.

Top Bottom