What's new

Weber vs RR Stealth

I am facing a dilemma, not that I need either but I have funds available for one of them right now. I am considering both (eventually) if the slant is as good as everyone says, but in case I don't like it I know it won't be an issue for it to go on the BST. I don't want to miss out on the chance when they are listed.

I currently have an EJ89 (first razor), New SC, New DeLuxe, and a few straights that I'm learning on. I tried a 37c and traded it since I never got a irritation free/smooth shave from it. I really like the efficiency of it though. I also like how the EJ shaves but need a bit more agressiveness and having something similar to it without durability issues would be great. Another consideration for the weber is using the handle on my new's. The handles I have for them are in decent shape but I like a heavier/grippier handle.

So it comes down to the waiting game, is the stealth really that great to wait for or I do I get the weber now and see how the second batch goes?

Get the Weber. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have any problem with resale. But you'll like it.

I would get the Weber and like you pointed out the handle gives you lots of options. Eventually RAD will over-come and you'll also purchase the RRSS. :001_smile

I have a EJ89L, a Weber PH with Bulldog handle, and a Merkur 37C Slant. All three provide great shaves... the EJ is very mild so I use a Feather with the 89L, while The Weber and 37C are more aggressive so I use milder blades with them. All three provide close and comfortable shaves... so much so that I use my vintages less and less.

Holy cow. No single RR Stealth Slant fan, or is this thread still new:) Not bashing, I just haven't seen any votes other than Weber or Both.

Tell you what, Jeff: Buy both, throw one at me:)LOL.

Full disclosure: I haven't tried either. I have read a lot about the Webers, haven't read too much about the RRs, other than from folks who just love the RR gear. This is a great thread.

The Weber razor you can buy today. The RRSL is a mystery when it will become available - and when it becomes available it might sell out as fast as the prototype did. The choice is yours.

The Weber is a great razor at a great price, and it's available now. Get it while you can. Once I tried a Weber I sold all my other DE's. Now all I have are 2 Webers and straights.

I think the RRSS is too new, too few of them out there to get a fair opinion of one vs the other. But it does seem like an apples to oranges comparison.
FYI, the Weber handle will not screw all the way onto the NEW baseplates if it has the ridge underneath.

Get the Weber. I've tried about twenty razors, an assortment of modern and vintage, and the Weber bests them all. I can't imagine you regretting the purchase. If you don't like it, it should be easy to unload on BST.

Stupid question but weber what? Is there only one weber razor? I too have been waiting on the RRSS but too many uncertainties about it make m wonder if I should look elsewhere.

Another vote for the Weber . I use Gillette 7 o'clock black box and almost get a bbs on a single pass wtg with no discomfort. I have always has sensitive skin too. I never dreamed I could get this close and have this calm of a face.

If you buy the Weber, I don't think you'll ever regret it. Great razor for the money.

Get the Weber. If you don't like it, you shouldn't have any problem with resale. But you'll like it.

I would get the Weber.

I would get the Weber and like you pointed out the handle gives you lots of options. Eventually RAD will over-come and you'll also purchase the RRSS. :001_smile

For the cost of the Weber you can not beat the price. There are a lot of razors out there that are double even triple the price.......but for the quality workmanship you can not go wrong with the Weber.

I have one and would not give it up. $Polished-Classic-2.jpg
(picture from Weber Website)

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments. I was thinking either one I would be able to offload on the bst if I didn't like it although I was assuming there would be no way I would not like the weber. Someone mentioned that it will not fit up against the base on the New. The SC does have the ring around it but the DeLuxe is flat bottom so that would work fine. Is there a SS handle that fits the New SC?

All this may be put on hold since I bricked my phone while attempting to update. It seems like it is repairable but that will be taking my razor funds. Fortunately I do have a backup, but it had a dead battery...new battery should be here tomorrow.

By "update" I think he means "jailbreak". I guess IT guys have their own language. It's not illegal if you call it something different, right? I didn't murder anyone, I just allowed him to stop breathing. See what I did there?

How does a Weber compare to an Above the Tie? I'm not hijacking this thread, I'm giving it new life in a different form. (Jeff, feel free to delete).

Top Bottom